Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Future Z4 E85 owner

First port of call for new members
Davy

Future Z4 E85 owner

Post by Davy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 am

Hi there,

Quite fond of BMW for the last 2 decades, I'm planing to buy a BMW Z4 E85, probably a 2.2i or 2.5i, that would become the parkingmate of my current 528i E39. It would be my fourth BMW, after my late 525i E34 and 325i E36. I'd been very impressed when this car had come up in the early 2000's and when I've seen lately how affordable this car had become, I couldn't help thinking about eventually buying one for my summer week-ends. It's a bit late for this year but it lets me more time to find the right car for the next spring / summer.

I'm still hesitating between the 2.2i and 2.5i, the first one being easier to find over here at lower mileage in a broader market and the latter, or course, performing a bit better. As both are quite close to my 528i in term of specifications and as my E39 fits my needs quite well, it will mainly depends on the opportunities even if I'd go for a 2.2 with the right color and options rather than a random 2.5 for the same price.

I'm from France, and the E85 Z4 offers are rather limited here compared to those from Germany and that's why I'm hunting a good deal from the other side of the Rhine. We have also a lot of RHD Z4 in the French market at interesting prices, imported from the UK but all-in-all it's quite the same investment as importing a German LHD model by oneself.

Looking forward to reading from you and sharing some pics of my new Z4 as soon as it's there to definitely join the Z4 owners club!