Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New to me Z4, love it so much!

First port of call for new members
jackmills

Post by jackmills » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Finally acted on long lasting desire to acquire a beautiful Z4 roadster, happens to be a 2004 with 95000 miles. I would like to pose a question concerning airbag light. I've had three different OBD2 readers, last one BMW specific, give diagnosis that the Airbag system will not communicate with OBD2 and cannot erase light. Fuses are good. Contemplating disassembling center console to have access to SRS module to see if connector is corroded and then removing and replacing same. Any other thoughts? Thanks for any input.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, we love to se pics on here :thumbsup:

Sorry, cant help with the issue but I am certain someone more technically minded will be along to advise
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

SCOTTY L

Post by SCOTTY L » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi there and welcome to the fourm. :thumbsup:

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:09 pm

jackmills wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 pm Finally acted on long lasting desire to acquire a beautiful Z4 roadster, happens to be a 2004 with 95000 miles. I would like to pose a question concerning airbag light. I've had three different OBD2 readers, last one BMW specific, give diagnosis that the Airbag system will not communicate with OBD2 and cannot erase light. Fuses are good. Contemplating disassembling center console to have access to SRS module to see if connector is corroded and then removing and replacing same. Any other thoughts? Thanks for any input.
Happened to mine a while back. I dismantled the centre console and took it to the zed shed. Got a replacement unit but it's not plug and play. It will need software to code it to the car when changed.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

I can't offer any help with your issue, but hope you can get it sorted so you can get back to just enjoying it. :driving:

And I'm sure we'd like to see some photos of your car!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)