Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recently Sold - Now looking!

First port of call for new members
otta

Post by otta » Wed May 26, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi All,

I've just sold my VX220 in search of a more sensible car - and after looking the 3.0 Z4 is really catching my eye!

Does anyone have a preference between the 3.0 vs the 3.0si? I've considered adding to my budget for a Z4MR as I've heard the steering can be a bit more fun (which I'm going to miss from the VX!)

Thanks for being so welcoming so far!

H

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed May 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Not certain on your budget but most will tell you there is only one way to go that's the 30iS, or go for a Z4MR or Alpina if you can afford one. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Ole gits rule on Wed May 26, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed May 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

I've only had the earlier M54 engine in an E46 3 Series and while it was a great engine I preferred the N52 engines in my 3.0Si Coupes. They rev a bit higher and produce a bit more power - 265PS instead of 231PS.

But the S54 engine in the M models is just amazing, although it needs a bit more TLC. The other bonuses with the M are hydraulic PAS instead of EPAS and an LSD. They also come without run-flat tyres, but that is easily rectified on the other models.

I don't know much about the Alpinas but like the Ms prices seem pretty strong just now.

Good luck whichever model you decide to go for. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black