Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Owner

First port of call for new members
PointedMarlin

New Owner

Post by PointedMarlin » Tue May 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi all,

Short version of a very long story:

After enjoying driving my wife’s company car for the last 18 months as she has been WFH I decided I needed to sell my 14 year old A3 because I enjoyed the luxuries that car afforded. I cannot remember the last time anyone other than me sat in the Audi so decided I needed a 2 seater. My wife agreed & then promptly informed me I needed a Z4 so this happened!

Pick the keys up on Saturday

The seller had a ton more photos - I know you guys like your pics as I’ve been lurking a while whilst hunting for a Zed - but will post some of my own once I have it at home
Attachments
EDAF0DA8-64E7-4A76-92BB-A65D7470709A.jpeg
EDAF0DA8-64E7-4A76-92BB-A65D7470709A.jpeg (169.77 KiB) Viewed 575 times

N4LLY

New Owner

Post by N4LLY » Tue May 18, 2021 9:12 pm

Most excellent ! Congrat's :thumbsup:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

New Owner

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue May 18, 2021 9:14 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum - great choice of car, SWMBO has great taste.

DSB looks great with cream Lhtr, get some pic's up when you get the car :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

New Owner

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Hello and welcome.looks lovely and a new member for mr.tourette, DSB/White very exclusive gang :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Chippie

New Owner

Post by Chippie » Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Hello and welcome you must be very happy with your new purchase, I think that’s the 2nd DSB bought on the forum this week.
    Enjoy :driving: looking forward to some more photos
    E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Mr Tidy
    Legend
    Legend

New Owner

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue May 18, 2021 11:11 pm

Hi and welcome - DSB is a great colour. :thumbsup:
    Coupes because stunning!
    Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
    Gone - Montego Blue
    Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
    Legend
    Legend

New Owner

Post by buzyg » Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 am

Lovely colour. Welcome to the forum. :)

mr.tourette
    Lifer
    Lifer

New Owner

Post by mr.tourette » Wed May 19, 2021 6:53 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:17 pm Hello and welcome.looks lovely and a new member for mr.tourette, DSB/White very exclusive gang :lol:
    Indeed :D I should start a thread, never mind the exclusive coupe club and the club maldives threads.. lets get a real unicorn thread going.. mind there wont be many posts :lol:

Congratulations OP on a beautiful new and very exclusive motor :thumbsup: :driving:
    if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

PointedMarlin

New Owner

Post by PointedMarlin » Wed May 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Cheers for the welcome guys, looking forward to Saturday when I pick it up.

Interestingly enough the guy I brought it from brought Roadster 2 ‘s yellow Zed & was picking it up the day after I had seen his. As we got to talking about the BMW Zed 4’s & his history with cars he mentioned he was picking up a yellow one & I mentioned I’d seen it on here …

Pickster

New Owner

Post by Pickster » Wed May 19, 2021 4:51 pm

Small world. Nice car great choice M Sport Highline. Welcome to the Forum. :driving:

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

New Owner

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed May 19, 2021 5:07 pm

PointedMarlin wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:14 pm Cheers for the welcome guys, looking forward to Saturday when I pick it up.

Interestingly enough the guy I brought it from brought Roadster 2 ‘s yellow Zed & was picking it up the day after I had seen his. As we got to talking about the BMW Zed 4’s & his history with cars he mentioned he was picking up a yellow one & I mentioned I’d seen it on here …
    That was a nice ZED - why didnt you go for that or did you want the Highline toys? :thumbsup:
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

PointedMarlin

New Owner

Post by PointedMarlin » Wed May 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Oh there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it I’m sure but I’m a salesman’s worst nightmare (or possibly not)

I know what I want - or at least I knew what I wanted in this purchase - blue/black/red colour & toys were a factor as well as mileage & price. Plus it has to be a hardtop because I live with 2 trees at the end of the drive & a neighbour has a soft top Mazda. It has to be covered.

Once I had my non negotiables I was just scanning here (once I discovered it via a lot of googling “BMW Z4 & for sale”) plus Autotrader

The one I got ticked every box for me & I got lucky, suppose I could’ve been waiting for many months

I plan on driving it for a minimum 10 years as we have a Caravelle for family holidays & the wife is part of an excellent company car scheme so when it dawned on me that no one other than me had sat in the Audi for about 5 years plus the wife WFH being the perfect storm of me realising I enjoyed the luxury & didn’t need the seats 8)

I’m not a petrolhead at all - the more I post the more this will become apparent - but I recognise & respect that even lurking here I’ve picked up some useful tips & ideas so I’m already “net up” :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

New Owner

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed May 19, 2021 7:34 pm

Nothing wrong with being a nightmare for car dealers - half the fun.

It was same for me when I purchased mine, I wanted iDrive plus wind deflector and PDC with colour less of an issue - just not grey or silver. :D

Found a white Highline with the right price / mileage and all the bits I wanted so bought it, I actually think VO is tehbest colour followed by white on an e89, other will disagree :poke:

3 kids and only one at home with her own car, I have always had vert so just carried on as SWMBO always drove a 5 seater even if it was sporty such as Leon Cupra / Alfa GT etc.

SCOTTY L

New Owner

Post by SCOTTY L » Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Welcome to the fourm,great colour combo. :thumbsup:

PointedMarlin

New Owner

Post by PointedMarlin » Sun May 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Ok so it’s lashed it down since I picked up the car … the wife & I managed to get the top down as we drove through Cheltenham then got the lid on before the motorway & rain came!

As a result no further pics but I could add a load from the dealer if you guys would like?

A question … this is my first BMW & I noticed the OBC in the drivers dash doesn’t display the same information as it did the previous time I drove the car. Yesterday driving back it told me I had 30 miles of fuel in the tank in big bold numbers, when I went to go fill it up today I noticed the display was blank.

Is this common or a sign of electrical gremlins?

I read in the handbook I need to press the button in on the indicator to cycle the OBC but this was after I had got home so haven’t done that yet.

It’s possible as I use my indicators :lol: that I’ve depressed this button without realising it & been cycling through the display again blissfully unaware but didn’t know if this was something to double check next time I drove it?

Also noticed my doors have a screw cover missing behind the handles so picked a couple up off eBay - my first mod! I’ve only owned the car a day :lol: