Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie looking at the E89

First port of call for new members
Smash

Post by Smash » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:37 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:23 pm Smash, Ash, never mind a dealer snapping it up Argyll Andy, Ole gits rule, tiglon, Zed Baron, are already lining up other buyers including ourselves :lol:
Would love it but there isn’t a chance in hell I can get there in the next 2 weeks due to work... if anyone buys it fixes the problem and sticks a new mot on it I’ll gladly pay a premium... but I’m sure as in this market someone can make money on it. If only I lived closer, been saying that for months now haven’t I.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:39 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:33 pm
Zed Baron wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:51 pm Sean isn't that car located just down the road from you? Bargain for someone there with the proper checks done, a little bit of cash injected and also a little bit of TLC. Just check out that rear alloy to see if its been welded or replaced.

Around 75 miles from me so pretty close - now my head is really thinking about it
Looks like easy money, as I said if closer to me I’d be on it and purely for fixing and resale and a bit of cash in my pocket :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:45 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:39 pm
    Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:33 pm
    Zed Baron wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:51 pm Sean isn't that car located just down the road from you? Bargain for someone there with the proper checks done, a little bit of cash injected and also a little bit of TLC. Just check out that rear alloy to see if its been welded or replaced.

Around 75 miles from me so pretty close - now my head is really thinking about it
    Looks like easy money, as I said if closer to me I’d be on it and purely for fixing and resale and a bit of cash in my pocket :thumbsup:
    I am thinking about it for certain, got a few Indies close to me as well who could probably sort most of it out :thumbsup:
    M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:46 pm

Smash wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:37 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:23 pm Smash, Ash, never mind a dealer snapping it up Argyll Andy, Ole gits rule, tiglon, Zed Baron, are already lining up other buyers including ourselves :lol:
    Would love it but there isn’t a chance in hell I can get there in the next 2 weeks due to work... if anyone buys it fixes the problem and sticks a new mot on it I’ll gladly pay a premium... but I’m sure as in this market someone can make money on it. If only I lived closer, been saying that for months now haven’t I.
    Thats the trouble with living in the sticks - everywhere is hard to get to :x
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Zed Baron

Post by Zed Baron » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:50 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:39 pm Looks like easy money, as I said if closer to me I’d be on it and purely for fixing and resale and a bit of cash in my pocket :thumbsup:
    Sometimes.... been lucky a few times, but it only takes one :cry:

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:52 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:50 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:39 pm Looks like easy money, as I said if closer to me I’d be on it and purely for fixing and resale and a bit of cash in my pocket :thumbsup:
    Thats the thing, MOT history looks good but missed 2019 for some reason - would defo do HPI check on it

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:58 pm

The seller says he bought it 8 months ago from his friend who passed away, and has kept it in a garage since then. That does stack up with the mot history.

I was seriously tempted for a minute and at around £5k I probably would, but if it goes for £6750 then it's not so much of a bargain (after travelling and minimum repair costs - the drivers side front grill looks broken and potentially a largish scratch on the front panel) that it would be worth the time and effort. There are a few similar on Autotrader for £8.5-9.5k so I'd be cautious and estimate getting £8k for it if selling on, which brings the profit down into the hundreds.
    2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:06 pm

tiglon wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:58 pm The seller says he bought it 8 months ago from his friend who passed away, and has kept it in a garage since then. That does stack up with the mot history.

I was seriously tempted for a minute and at around £5k I probably would, but if it goes for £6750 then it's not so much of a bargain (after travelling and minimum repair costs - the drivers side front grill looks broken and potentially a largish scratch on the front panel) that it would be worth the time and effort. There are a few similar on Autotrader for £8.5-9.5k so I'd be cautious and estimate getting £8k for it if selling on, which brings the profit down into the hundreds.
    Its jumped to £5,500 now - if it stays around there then yes it is probably ok and allow £1k for repair then sell at £8.5k - otherwise its not that good a deal :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:08 pm

100% correct, it only takes one but I’d be reasonably comfortable that this is a battery and software issue form what’s been said. That and there’s a fair margin left in it for further repairs :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:10 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:08 pm
      100% correct, it only takes one but I’d be reasonably comfortable that this is a battery and software issue form what’s been said. That and there’s a fair margin left in it for further repairs :thumbsup:
      I think it is a battery issue - done no mileage in 3 years and probably no trickle charger attached to it :(

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:10 pm
      Zed Baron wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:50 pm Sometimes.... been lucky a few times, but it only takes one :cry:
      I think it is a battery issue - done no mileage in 3 years and probably no trickle charger attached to it :(
      My thoughts exactly, btw you’ve a bloody garden to finish and a patio to lay so don’t be getting distracted buying cars you don’t need :poke:

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:21 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:14 pm
        Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:10 pm

My thoughts exactly, btw you’ve a bloody garden to finish and a patio to lay so don’t be getting distracted buying cars you don’t need :poke:
        I think 95% certain that is the issue - same with that white 35iS

I also have a bathroom to do, then a kitchen and then an annex to sort as well, that's why I employ builders as my DIY skills are crap plus time is limited :)

I could sort out a car - fit a battery and get the software downloaded and hopefully all done then its a service and polish - sell :D

Smash

Post by Smash » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:55 pm

Evening... on the road to recovery and decided to venture to Silverstone Classic this weekend. Never been but as every car club should be catered for I thought there would be many E89 Z4‘s on display, I was wrong, 3 cars out of thousands of others, 2 were very nice indeed though. Then I thought I better start looking again.... How is the E89 market looking? Will my 10k still pick up a lovely example?

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Hi Ash, glad your recovering.

10k may still be a stretch but they are out there for certain - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 500&page=6

Smash

Post by Smash » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:31 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:08 pm Hi Ash, glad your recovering.

10k may still be a stretch but they are out there for certain
        Appreciate it Sean.

Might have to up the funds I feel...

Sorry to hear of your roof issues I’ve just read about, what warranty did you have that so thankfully stepped in if you do not mind me asking? A warranty sounds very appealing now.