Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help/Advice

First port of call for new members
PaulMcc

Help/Advice

Post by PaulMcc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm soon to be a Z4 owner as I am after something for occasional use over the summer.

I have a choice of two cars but just can't decide;-

2008 2.0 SE in Silver with 17" Turbine alloys - in fantastic condition and with a dealer who will underwrite and rectify any faults at all for the first 3 months. - Cost to me will be around £4500. 81k miles

2008 (late) Sport in Grey with 18" 5 spoke Alloys - via an upcoming auction and with no sure fire way of understanding what condition its in other than photos which look ok. I've an option of a warranty for 3 months but just know that there will be so many exclusions, the cost isn't worth it. Cost to me will be around £4700 once delivered etc - 79k miles

From what I can see, the Sport is the more desirable and looks better/has a better resale value but I cant help think that theres too much risk in sourcing from an auction???

Would be great to know what you guys think :D

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Help/Advice

Post by Zedebee » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Is the Sport also a 2.0? Both cars seem to be a little expensive. I would have thought you were well into 6-cylinder territory for that money. That said, if the first one really is in fantastic condition . . .

Also, if it’s a choice between the two and one has heated seats and the other doesn’t, it’s probably a deciding factor.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

PaulMcc

Help/Advice

Post by PaulMcc » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:54 pm

Thanks Zebedee, yes the Sport is also a 2.0, the SE doesn't have heated seats, not sure on the Sport. That's the issue really, I'm loathe to buy at auction to try and grab a bargain if I end up just inheriting a load of issues. The SE looks to be the safer but less exciting bet

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Help/Advice

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:18 pm

Is there nothing in the classified on here suitable?

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=127543

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=127769

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=127615 --- slightly higher mileage but well looked after with detailed history and far better price.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.