Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

bmw tech here

First port of call for new members
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

bmw tech here

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:58 pm

Welcome to the forum. What a great resource to offer up.
Good news on the M54 for me as that is what wifey has (2.5i)
Of course, I've already got a small bet down that someone on here somewhere will argue that black is white with you at some point :roll:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

bmw tech here

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:05 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:58 pm Of course, I've already got a small bet down that someone on here somewhere will argue that black is white with you at some point
Yes I agree......... it’ll probably be you to win your bet :poke:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

blp2

bmw tech here

Post by blp2 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:30 pm

Is there an app for this forum?

markplant
    Lifer
    Lifer

bmw tech here

Post by markplant » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:50 pm

blp2 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:30 pm Is there an app for this forum?
    No
    I belive years ago it was on taptalk
    And welcome
    3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

BSVA

bmw tech here

Post by BSVA » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:05 pm

blp2, welcome to this forum. I have a 2004 Z4 3.0i bought from new. Not many problems with this car. I am located in SE Virginia. In my area we have the worst BMW dealership around. So I have been taking on any issues with my car.
    2004 BMW Z4 3.0i, Titanium Silver, Black Leather, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Xenons, Ellipsoids,
    Continental ProContact RX SSR's.

blp2

bmw tech here

Post by blp2 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:42 pm

thank you for welcoming me here. im learning how to nav this forum. im sorry that your dealership experience has been a negative one. ask me anything i will do my best to help you out.

maxman

bmw tech here

Post by maxman » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Looking at the photo of the two cars side by side,I'm surprised how much smaller the e85 looks.Those wheels and the e85 in Red look really good :thumbsup:

Ed.Straker

bmw tech here

Post by Ed.Straker » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Welcome, is that a Maine plate adorning your lovely Zed :thumbsup:
    White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

Mr Tidy
    Legend
    Legend

bmw tech here

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum with your great looking Z4. :thumbsup:
    Coupes because stunning!
    Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
    Gone - Montego Blue
    Gone - Ruby Black

blunderthumbs

bmw tech here

Post by blunderthumbs » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will become a very popular member offering your advice and tips to keep our beloved Zeds on the road. :thumbsup:
    2004 Black Sapphire 3.0L SE. Red leather. Back box delete. Clutch valve delete. Roof motor relocated. 18" M star spoke style 193. Machine Monkey exhaust tips. Gap Tec. ZHP Gear knob. Clear side repeaters. Zun Sport lower grille.

blp2

bmw tech here

Post by blp2 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 pm

thanks for the warm welcoming. i live in Massachusetts. those rims were the 17 inch wheel package back then.i have replaced the conv top motor. that is a job takes me about 4 hrs [we charge 6hrs labor] and i do not look foward to doing it. hard and lots of chances to do paint damage.also if the roof is lite color,chance of marking it with the butal sealing seal. also how did you relocate the conv top motor.....

Highland Spirit

bmw tech here

Post by Highland Spirit » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:03 pm

blp2 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:55 am hi im new here, so if i am messing up sorry. just letting everyone know that i work at bmw dealership and have work for bmw for 42 years.If i can answer any questions please ask ...not saying i know everything but just want to help out.
    Hi and a warm welcome from the Scottish Highlands. I used to work in the late nineties in Kennebunkport, Maine and did the occasional visit to Boston and Martha’s Vineyard. Beautiful places.

I have an 2010 Z4 M and wonder if there is any simple way to increase the speed slightly at which it is possible to open or close the roof. Currently it is about walking speed, something like 5mph and also is it possible to program the mechanism in such a way that it one isn’t required to hold the button and until it is fully opened or closed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Ron
    2010 Z4 M 3.0
    2003 325 Coupe
    1988 Alfa Romeo Spider
    1985 Honda Civic CRX

blp2

bmw tech here

Post by blp2 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:30 pm

i was born in maine.the cape is great place to summer at. so the roof mph limit is in the cvm and dme which cant at [dealership level] be changed.there is also concern wind bending the frame says bmw.bmw reasoning for the holding down the button on key fob or inside button is there is not any anti trapping. so having you hold the buttons down is the safety feature.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

bmw tech here

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:00 pm

Highland Spirit wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:03 pm I have an 2010 Z4 M and wonder if there is any simple way to increase the speed slightly at which it is possible to open or close the roof. Currently it is about walking speed, something like 5mph and also is it possible to program the mechanism in such a way that it one isn’t required to hold the button and until it is fully opened or closed.

Rob, a SmartTop will sort both these issues for you. I bought mine mainly for the one touch opening/closing.

There was one n here for a very reasonable price the other day but sold very quickly. When o bought mine I decided new rather than 2nd hand as there’s not much in the price and the fetch a good 75%+ resale :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Highland Spirit

bmw tech here

Post by Highland Spirit » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:00 pm
      Highland Spirit wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:03 pm I have an 2010 Z4 M and wonder if there is any simple way to increase the speed slightly at which it is possible to open or close the roof. Currently it is about walking speed, something like 5mph and also is it possible to program the mechanism in such a way that it one isn’t required to hold the button and until it is fully opened or closed.

Rob, a SmartTop will sort both these issues for you. I bought mine mainly for the one touch opening/closing.

There was one n here for a very reasonable price the other day but sold very quickly. When o bought mine I decided new rather than 2nd hand as there’s not much in the price and the fetch a good 75%+ resale :thumbsup:
      Andy, I looked into the SmartTop option but read that several people experienced various hardtop problems and/ or car software issues leading to expensive and time consuming faults. Hence I am little hesitant in purchasing one. How long have you had it and did you have any issues?
      2010 Z4 M 3.0
      2003 325 Coupe
      1988 Alfa Romeo Spider
      1985 Honda Civic CRX