Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Looking for a Z4 Newbie

First port of call for new members
Zforbes

Looking for a Z4 Newbie

Post by Zforbes » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:21 pm

Ed.Straker wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 am I’m a bit of an Audi Quattro fan, I currently have an A5 Quattro turbo diesel that’s been re-mapped
I recently sold a remapped Audi A5 3.0Tdi Quattro and bought a 35is with some similar encouragement to what you've seen :rofl: , the drive is poles apart, you can’t beat the torsen diff system on the Quattro for traction but one bugbear for me was the very heavy nose on the car turning in but it was excellent powering out, the Z4 is much more agile into the corner but a bit more patience required before you hit the loud pedal. Power delivery is obviously less torque involvement but much faster than my audi running at 300bhp if that’s what you are after. I have never driven any other engined Z4's so I can't comment on the lesser bhp models.

For info, the ebay orange one Andy posted the link for is not far from me:

https://www.thecarmill.co.uk/used-bmw-z ... re-3147678

I have never purchased a car from them but I did consider an S5 they had some time ago and drove round the local area at the time, it's a independent company and they've had some very nice cars over the years they have been operating out of that location, the owners seemed very genuine and I would be more than happy to deal with them if they had the right car for me at the right time. As you state though current lockdown restrictions may prevent you from buying that one if it is something that you are interested in.

Good luck :thumbsup:
E89 sDrive 35is Titan Silver Kansas Black Leather

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Looking for a Z4 Newbie

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:31 am

Zforbes wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:21 pm bought a 35is with some similar encouragement to what you've seen
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 😇😇😇😇

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Ed.Straker

Looking for a Z4 Newbie

Post by Ed.Straker » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 am

aquilesopkargss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 am
    Ed.Straker wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:18 pm One huge difference is the 35iS has a DCT box which is a totally Nox Vidmate VLC different animal over the 30i auto you’ve driven.
    One huge difference is the 35iS has a DCT box which is a totally different animal over the 30i auto you’ve driven.
    Not quite sure what happened with you attempting to quote me but I did not say that...you did...

However yes well aware now of the DCT vs ZF6HP vs ZF8HP variations..

Having driven all of them the 8 speed auto IMHO beats all other versions...for its blend of smoothness, speed and marriage to the powertrain.. :thumbsup:
    White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off