Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie E85 Fixer Upper

First port of call for new members
PedroTheMuso

Newbie E85 Fixer Upper

Post by PedroTheMuso » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:55 pm

Chris_D wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 pm
PedroTheMuso wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 pm
Crazy Harry wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:50 pm Hi and welcome - 3.0 roadster well done :thumbsup: .... and in merlot!

Any interior pics - got to be a ivory interior surely.
Looks ivory to me, with a nice wooden trim. And a fan heater, a load of dehumidifiers and regularly rotated beach towels under the carpet....
Does that suggest u have water ingress from somewhere?
I see you have the hardtop installed. I have mine installed atm and am struggling to detect the source of my water ingress. Looked a thte usual suspects; door membranes, scuttle, roof drains but none of them lead me to think it's them. Wondering if the hardtop is playing a part somehow. maybe the window seal. i hear it's not as tight as with the softtop seal from the increase in wind noise.
Hi Chris,
I bought it with a very wet passenger carpet, the membrane has been butchered and testing showed water leaking through the door so it's definitely coming through there and I've not tested anywhere else.
It's been under the car port since I bought it last week so not sure if it has any other leaks - very much hoping it hasn't though!
Hope you get yours sorted - I've bought some gummi pflege to go around all the seals with, might be worth giving that a try if you havent already.....