Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Finally found my Z4!

First port of call for new members
Mani59

Finally found my Z4!

Post by Mani59 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello all!

Well after a long hunt, I finally found and did a deal on a E86 Z4 3.0si Sport. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one as it looked immaculate and clearly looked after by the previous owner.

I know it’s a bit of a marmite colour but personally, I love titanium silver.

Very much looking forward to next week when I collect it and also looking forward to meeting fellow members in the future!

I also own a E46 330i Individual:

Previous cars include a E90 M3 (one of only 24 in this colour in the UK) and a Nissan 370z:

Mani
My mostly BMW gallery: https://jetone.co.uk

Dave 2 dogs

Finally found my Z4!

Post by Dave 2 dogs » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi mani
Welcome to the forum,
The car looks great :thumbsup:
Hope it brings you loads of fun (as all the ZEDs seem to) know it’s early days , but how does it compare with the Nissan ? It’s one of the cars I thought of owning a few times over the years but never got around to . Anyway, hope you enjoy the new toy :driving:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Finally found my Z4!

Post by buzyg » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Nice bunch of toys. :thumbsup: Welcome on board. :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Finally found my Z4!

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Hi and welcome from a fellow Coupe owner. :thumbsup:

Looks like you've had some interesting cars in the past too!

Like Dave 2 dogs said it would be interesting to know how you rate it compared to the 370Z - one of those was also on my radar before I bought an E86.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Finally found my Z4!

Post by firebobby » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:01 pm

Welcome to the forum, that's quite a nice selection of cars you've had.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Finally found my Z4!

Post by paddy wright » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Welcome along- lovely car and great car history!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

lucasxdiniz

Finally found my Z4!

Post by lucasxdiniz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Welcome! I love Titanium Silver E86s, one of the best colours to show the lovely lines of the coupe shape.
Z4MC: Interlagos Blue | Individual Champagne | BC Racing RS Coilovers | Powerflex Arms | 4.1 FD

Chippie

Finally found my Z4!

Post by Chippie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:51 am

Hi and welcome, loving the look of the E86 and a nice selection of previous cars
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Mani59

Finally found my Z4!

Post by Mani59 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

The 370z was all about power, like a big muscle car. It took its time to get going but my word, when you go past 4000 RPM, the noise it makes is just ballistic (all stock). Handling for me was good too, you could just throw it into the corner and it would stick, probably helped though with the big fat tyres it had as standard (Michelin Pilot Sports) and great steering setup.

I loved the alcantara seats too and whilst the interior is divisive to owners, I thought it was great. Very functional and not distracting at all with all the buttons.

What I did not like though is due to a back injury from a few years ago, this thing does have a very firm ride! By firm, I mean super firm which is the reason I had to let go of it sadly (I thought I would get used to it but could not). You can feel every pot hole and no matter how shallow it looks, the car crashes over it really badly.
Not a major thing but the insulation was pretty poor too as you can hear all of the stones hitting the underside of the car which was not ideal (I think the GT Edition had better underfloor protection).

But would I have another? If I did not have my back problem, then yes definitely but sadly my back cannot cope! The black one in the photo above was actually my second 370z, I had a blue one a few years ago.

johndglynn

Finally found my Z4!

Post by johndglynn » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Welcome and congrats on the new arrival. I also have a Ti Silver E86 and the colour is definitely growing on me :D
Classic Motorcycle Valuations
classic-motorcycle-valuations.com

Mani59

Finally found my Z4!

Post by Mani59 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 pm

johndglynn wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:19 pm Welcome and congrats on the new arrival. I also have a Ti Silver E86 and the colour is definitely growing on me
Thanks! Look forward to maybe seeing it one day!