Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New user, and used Z4 M Roadster

First port of call for new members
nordicSCN

Post by nordicSCN » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi folks, this is my very first message on the forum, as I recently become the owner of a beautifully sexy BMW Z4 M e85 Roadster.
I had rather sporty cars before, but for sure nothing like this one: it is a blast of a car!!
Beautiful engine/exhaust sound, lovely steering (against many reviews saying that it lacks feel - they should try what a F30 330d steering feels like, absolute numbness and no feeling of contact with the road at all :x ), very strong brakes (even if I couldn't try the fading resistance having driven it only on public roads and no track yet). It feeks like a true driving experience, even at moderate to low speeds. It's amazing how it does make you feel going around at legal speeds, the first days I've had it I kept saying to myself that I would never break the speed limits, for how many emotions it gave me.
The only problem, in my opinion, is the excessive stiffness of the original suspension set. I live in Southern Italy, and if anybody of you has been there, you probably know what I mean. :headbang: Is there a way to improve this aspect with an aftermarket kit?
There is not plenty of informations regarding this model, probably because of its rarity.

I'm sure I'm gonna have a good time being surrounded by so many Zed's enthusiasts! 8)

Below some pictures of the beast. It still had the hardtop that I got from the dealer. Now it's open top, at least for the nice season :D

sito per mettere foto

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Great first post. Welcome to the forum. :)

Cracking pictures and a white hard top to finish it all off. 8) That has to be a rare thing. :thumbsup:

Now taken it off and enjoy the Italian sunshine. 8)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi and welcome. :thumbsup:

A white Z4M Roadster must be a pretty rare car in Italy, and yours looks fantastic!

To be fair I think most of the comments about poor steering feel are made by owners of non-M cars as they have the electric PAS, whereas the M has hydraulic PAS which is much better. Enjoy. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black