Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Space saver size?

First port of call for new members
Graymo

Space saver size?

Post by Graymo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi - I am new to the forum.
I have had my Z4 for four years and love everything about it.
It’s 2008 with 48,000 miles.
My query today is what size of space saver wheel should I buy.
I have 18 inch run flats on and I am moving to ordinary tyres still 18 inch so will need a space saver wheel but I have been given conflicting advice from two sources.
My question is what is the best size of space saver and any suggestions where I can get one at a good price
Thanks in anticipation of your help
I live in Northern Ireland
Graham

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Space saver size?

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 pm

So it's a facelift then.

If it has standard brake sizes you'll need a 16" spacesaver, unless it is a 3.0Si and then you'll need a 17" one to clear the front brakes. (If it's an M I have no idea)!

E46 3 Series all came on non run-flats and had a spacesaver so that's the best thing to look for, but if you need a 17" one it'll need to come from a 330i or 330d as they also had bigger front brakes.

Probably worth trying to get an E46 jack too, and a wheel-brace unless you've got something suitable. :thumbsup:

Nearly forgot, welcome to the forum too!

We'd love to see a photo or 2. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black