Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie from Exeter

First port of call for new members
Descarl

Newbie from Exeter

Post by Descarl » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi all

I bought my Z4 a couple of weeks ago and thought it was about time I posted and said hello. It's a 2007 Grey (according to the V5) 2.0 SE and although it's not the quickest car in the world I have to say I've enjoyed every minute of owning it. It's the first car I've owned where I smile from the moment I get in to the minute I get out, also smile while walking away and toward it! So far I've fitted the wind deflector, changed the stereo to a Pioneer unit and had the A/C regassed, I have a few things on the list over the next few months the first of which is likely to be cruise control.

My main concern is with the headlights though, for some reason the near side dipped beam and one of the driver side side lights aren't working. I've checked the bulb in the dipped beam and gone through the fuses and all seems OK but for some reason it's still not working, has anyone seen this before? I assume the sidelight is a bulb out, it's not the LED bulb (looks like 4 leds in one bulb) it's the one right at the top of the headlight unit which I believe is a W5W 501 bulb although I plan on getting the bulb out to check first. The weird this is the side light error seems to be causing the indicator bulb to stay illuminated when I turn the side lights on but the headlight out doesn't.

Anyway here's a quick picture of the car, I'll take some better one's soon, promise!!!
Car on forum.jpg
Car on forum.jpg (213.12 KiB) Viewed 601 times

Worcester_spoon

Newbie from Exeter

Post by Worcester_spoon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:30 pm

No idea on the lights, sorry, but welcome!
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Newbie from Exeter

Post by buzyg » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Welcome from Sunny Cornwall. Looking good. :thumbsup:

clarker63

Newbie from Exeter

Post by clarker63 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Always tricky finding electrical issues. Could be a poor ground.. hope you find it! Welcome from willand just up the road!
35is, sadly gone, but not forgotten.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Newbie from Exeter

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

I don't know what your lights issue is, but if a bulb is out most BMWs will light another bulb on the same corner of the car. Hence your indicator coming on as the sidelight isn't working.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Phoenixboy

Newbie from Exeter

Post by Phoenixboy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 am

Welcome from Exeter.
Will look out for you😀
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

srhutch

Newbie from Exeter

Post by srhutch » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:55 am

Hi and welcome.

From the pic they don’t appear to be oem headlights.

Descarl

Newbie from Exeter

Post by Descarl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi all and thanks for the welcome, I took another look when I got home from work and it looks like they are indeed aftermarket lights. I've got an auto-electrician coming to take a look on Wednesday so hopefully he can sort them out although I might end up getting some standard lights in the end.

I have to be honest I don't mind playing with engines but auto-electrics scare the crap out of me!

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie from Exeter

Post by paddy wright » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Welcome- looks a lovely car! Health to drive.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!