Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie From Southern Spain

First port of call for new members
Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Hello everyone, newbie based on the costa del sol a couple of months ago I bought my first Z4 though not my first BMW! It's a 2009 Sdrive30i sapphire black with coral red and brushed aluminium. I bought it at auction in the UK and have now imported it in Spain. I have already done some relatively minor mods, stubby aerial OEM gloss black grills and LED interior lighting. I ditched the runflats 3 days after buying the car and I have to say the difference is night and day, much quieter better ride and handling.

The car needs a full paint correction and detail, two of the wheel need refurb and the front bumper needs re-hanging or adjusting. When I bought it at auction I could see the passenger side front bumper had taken a minor shunt and been poorly repaired with big gap between the headlight and the bumper and between the bumper and the bonnet. A local paint shop rehanged the bumper and have eliminated the gap between the headlight and the bumper but it still does not sit right between the bumper and the bonnet. As far as I can see the only thing holding the bumper to the car are some screws at the top and the bottom and two brackets one either side at the edge of the bumper, maybe these brackets needs changing once they have sustained a knock (although they look intact) or once the bumper has been off they aren't useable again?

Anyhow now that I have had the car registered on Spanish plates, an expensive process in itself I can now attend to sorting out the above. Here are some photos.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_2c1f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2c1f.jpeg (277.7 KiB) Viewed 330 times
fullsizeoutput_2b84.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2b84.jpeg (251.96 KiB) Viewed 330 times
Z4.jpg
Z4.jpg (336.28 KiB) Viewed 330 times
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Welcome onboard, perfect location, perfect toy...
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:14 pm

That looks great - enjoy. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black