Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another West Berkshire Newbie

First port of call for new members
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:40 am

So you're worried about the picture but not bothered that it's talking to you in German? :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

acm

Post by acm » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Well spotted, I plucked the picture off the Zpost forum coz I couldn't be bothered to walk the 20 yards or so to take a picture of my own.

acm

Post by acm » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 pm

Hi,

What did I do in the past wet and windy few weeks? I sent my car to Leather Restoration Ltd in Newbury for a restoration of the interior leather, restoration of the steering wheel and steam cleaned throughout.

Done an amazing job, see pictures here where he's posted before and after... https://twitter.com/Leather_restore/ if asked I would recommend him to anyone.

FWIW I have no connection with the business, other than a (very) happy customer.

Colin is a proper petrol head - also deals in prestige cars with a colleague of his.

Cheers!
Andy

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 pm

acm wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53 pm Hi,

What did I do in the past wet and windy few weeks? I sent my car to Leather Restoration Ltd in Newbury for a restoration of the interior leather, restoration of the steering wheel and steam cleaned throughout.

Done an amazing job, see pictures here where he's posted before and after... https://twitter.com/Leather_restore/ if asked I would recommend him to anyone.

FWIW I have no connection with the business, other than a (very) happy customer.

Colin is a proper petrol head - also deals in prestige cars with a colleague of his.

Cheers!
Andy
Nice, might get my seats refurbed this year, how much did it cost just to do the seats out of interest?
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

acm

Post by acm » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi,

Not cheap! £470 per seat, but mine were in a bit of a state.

Which involved "Full sympathetic seat restoration. Removal of old coatings from the leather. Leather repair, strengthening & filling as required. Application of 4 fine layers of leather colourant & 4 layers of Satin leather sealant. Two applications of leather protection (UV & friction) cream."

I think the number of layers applied was the minimum - he explained that he made a batch of each and just used them until it was all used up when I collected he said at least 5 or 6 layers of sealant were applied. The other jobs he did for me were dovetailed into the time between the work he did on the seats.

I had cheaper quotes from elsewhere near me, but I made some sacrifices and I think it was worth it considering the condition they were in beforehand compared to how they look now.

Cheers!
Andy