Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 new owner

First port of call for new members
Demua

Z4 new owner

Post by Demua » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:38 am

Hi there

Recently got 08 z4 2.0 with a few maintenance issues I.e. Roof doesn't work. My intention of possible is to use the car for every day use but also for the occasional track day.

Any guidance to and what may need to be adapted to make that happen will be gratefully recieved as I am clueless! My plan is to make sure the car is in good condition for every day use first then look at what is potentially needed for track days.

Cheers

Dave 2 dogs

Z4 new owner

Post by Dave 2 dogs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi and welcome
Depending on where you are there are some great guys on here who can revive (hopefully) and move the roof Motor to the boot , it’s a common problem with the e85 , unfortunately bmw put them in a position where all they can do is eventually drown , I personally used bowser , have a look in the threads for roof motor to see if you symptoms match , it’s usually a drowned motor though, we all love photos by the way , best get some up of your beautiful zed before someone calls the police :thumbsup:

Dave 2 dogs

Z4 new owner

Post by Dave 2 dogs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm

By the way , you will find bowser 134 under forum services :thumbsup:

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 new owner

Post by paddy wright » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Welcome along.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Demua

Z4 new owner

Post by Demua » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Thanks for the advice.

I am based in East London/Essex border in case that helps further.

Dave 2 dogs

Z4 new owner

Post by Dave 2 dogs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:26 pm

I’m in Essex also , think if you want someone to look at the Roof bowser is closest, maybe someone let you know if I’m wrong :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Z4 new owner

Post by buzyg » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. :) If your giving track work a go. Simple tip, change the brake fluid to a decent dot 4 and maybe the swap out the lines for some brayded items. Costs peanuts makes a real difference. :driving:

Now what about some pictures of this Zed of yours. :wink:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 new owner

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

"bowser134" is going to be your nearest option for the roof motor, but if you are feeling brave I'm pretty sure there is a "How To" guide on here!

We just need some photos now. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Haggisman

Z4 new owner

Post by Haggisman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Demua wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:38 am Hi there

Recently got 08 z4 2.0 with a few maintenance issues I.e. Roof doesn't work. My intention of possible is to use the car for every day use but also for the occasional track day.

Any guidance to and what may need to be adapted to make that happen will be gratefully recieved as I am clueless! My plan is to make sure the car is in good condition for every day use first then look at what is potentially needed for track days.

Cheers
Welcome. Yep, best idea is to get the Z working as it should as standard then look at track prep. Standard brakes don’t work that well on the track if pressing on so I would do higher temperature brake fluid and pads, make sure your rotors are ok and S/S brake lines won’t do any harm. Suspension / bushes need to be in good order, I always did a nut and bolt check on the car before any track work just to make sure nothing was going to work loose / fall off.
You’ll find the Z4 to be a well balanced car but get to know it before going silly on the track. Going with an experienced track driver makes a huge difference.
Have fun
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2020 Kia Sportage GT - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning