Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie from Hants UK

First port of call for new members
sure2drive

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by sure2drive » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks again for the welcome, and for the comments on the front spoiler. I must admit I am a bit stumped. I bought it from an Indy dealer in Dorset who said he had got it from a main dealer. He said he thought the front (and rear) spoilers would have been fitted when the car was new. The car has 45K with 3 previous owners each bought though BMW dealershops, and each owning it for about 3 years. All three were lady owners in or around London, but I have no way of contacting them thanks to the Data Protection rules. I checked the history with BMW and phoned the dealers where any previous work was done to see what I could find out, but I could not find any mention of the spoiler as being an option when purchased or any work done on it. The colour is an exact match with the car (metallic ruby black) but it seems from posts here that it is not supplied as standard for the model, so that's interesting. I will look up Hamann and see what I can find out.
Thanks for your replies, this forum is just so helpful and I appreciate your interest. I'll have a look at the Welsh English meet details, thanks. :)
If you want to give God a good laugh,...tell him your plans.

sure2drive

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by sure2drive » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:45 pm

I've had a look at Hamann's website, they don't list Z4's at the moment and look way too posh for what is on the front of my Z4, but having mooched around the web for a while I am pretty sure it is a "Duraflex Aero Look front bumper" which has been fitted and colour matched at some stage, so I think the mystery solved. :)
https://www.andysautosport.com/products ... 14707.html

Vijay

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by Vijay » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:24 pm

Welcome!
You don't want the aero side skirts, I'll give you £20 for the pair! :D
2007 Z4 3.0Si Coupe, Carbon Black, 53K on clock & counting...
Mineral White M240i

sure2drive

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by sure2drive » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi, thanks for the offer :) It made me think though, ....I must be a real dumbo. I didn't know what Marlon was talking about when he mentioned sideskirts, I thought it was to do with the sides of the front spolier, but having looked at a few other pics it is beginning to dawn on me that what I would call the "sills" do look a bit different on mine, so I guess this is wnat is meant by side skirts. I must admit I do think they look good but hadn't realised that seems to be something else different about the car that I didn't realise I had!
What an eedgit! :oops:
Wonder what else is different...maybe it's not a Z4 after all :)

sure2drive

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by sure2drive » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:36 pm

firebobby wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 pm Welcome to the forum, great looking zed :thumbsup:
Why not get booked onto the English Welsh meet and drive. Should be another fantastic meet and you will meet quite a few members too. :)
Just been looking at the recent post about the English Welsh meet, looks like a great event and not too far for a weekend away. Lovely route, I came down the Wye Valley road to Tintern a couple of weeks ago on my motorcycle, having spent the weekend in the Brecons.
I would have liked to come on this but will be returning from France that day, but I hope you all have a great time and maybe I can come to the next one. Hope the weather is great for you.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by firebobby » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:17 pm

sure2drive wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:36 pm
firebobby wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 pm Welcome to the forum, great looking zed :thumbsup:
Why not get booked onto the English Welsh meet and drive. Should be another fantastic meet and you will meet quite a few members too. :)
Just been looking at the recent post about the English Welsh meet, looks like a great event and not too far for a weekend away. Lovely route, I came down the Wye Valley road to Tintern a couple of weeks ago on my motorcycle, having spent the weekend in the Brecons.
I would have liked to come on this but will be returning from France that day, but I hope you all have a great time and maybe I can come to the next one. Hope the weather is great for you.
That's a pity and yes it's a great way to spend a weekend, there are quite a few bikers on the forum, so your in good company. Get a photo of your bike on, sure that will get some comments.
There is Zedfest later in the year, that's another great day or you can make a weekend as plenty of us do.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Zoomer

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by Zoomer » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Welcome and real nice looking Zed
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

sure2drive

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by sure2drive » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Thanks both,
I may well stick a photo of the bike on the forum, I have a nice pic of it up on the Gospel Pass which I took on the way back from Pontistcill. Nice part of the worl for biking, and looking forward to taking the Z4 up there soon. Lovely roads for a Z4 :-) (but I am sure there are many more places as well!)

z4pilot

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by z4pilot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm

sure2drive wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 pm Thanks again for the welcome, and for the comments on the front spoiler. I must admit I am a bit stumped. I bought it from an Indy dealer in Dorset who said he had got it from a main dealer. He said he thought the front (and rear) spoilers would have been fitted when the car was new. The car has 45K with 3 previous owners each bought though BMW dealershops, and each owning it for about 3 years. All three were lady owners in or around London, but I have no way of contacting them thanks to the Data Protection rules. I checked the history with BMW and phoned the dealers where any previous work was done to see what I could find out, but I could not find any mention of the spoiler as being an option when purchased or any work done on it. The colour is an exact match with the car (metallic ruby black) but it seems from posts here that it is not supplied as standard for the model, so that's interesting. I will look up Hamann and see what I can find out.
Thanks for your replies, this forum is just so helpful and I appreciate your interest. I'll have a look at the Welsh English meet details, thanks. :)
The front spoiler is a genuine BMW item, offered as part of the 'aero' kit, that constituted the front spoiler, reprofiled side skirts, rear diffuser and rear boot spoiler. You have 2 out of the set, ie the front spoiler and sideskirts, but not the rear boot spoiler and I think your diffuser is not the one originally offered (someone with more specific knowledge may be able to comment).
The interesting part is that your car is post facelift, but the aero front bumper was only offered on pre-facelift cars (to my knowledge) and if so, has been fitted at a later date. Your rear diffuser may also be genuine, but a post facelift item, as the 'aero' diffuser to match the skirts and front spoiler won't fit a post facelift car.
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

sure2drive

Newbie from Hants UK

Post by sure2drive » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 am

Thanks Z4pilot, I didn't know about the 'aero' kit, I think I will see if I can find out any more from the original supplying dealer, especially as I now know about the aero kit. I didn't get any paperwork with the car, just log book and maintainance record, (which is basically all you get now from dealers) so I don't know much and it just interests me to know what changes have been made, so thanks for the information.