Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just joined the club

First port of call for new members
Ian J

Just joined the club

Post by Ian J » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:34 pm

My wife loved her bright red Mercedes SLK but I'd been urging her to get rid of it for a while as I didn't find it particularly comfortable but more importantly it was impractical as there are three of us and it was only a two seater.

We had narrowed down her short list to just one car which was an Audi A3 2.0 diesel as they looked nice, had four seats, were very economical and quite nippy. The problem is that decent ones are difficult to come by and having spent a couple of weeks looking at everything available I went to have a look at one that was parked next to a Z4, test drove the Beemer instead and shook hands on the deal.

It's a 3.0 SE Auto with 32,000 miles in Sterling Grey and whilst it doesn't have four seats or is particularly economical, who cares as it's much more fun. We've only had it for ten days and I haven't had much of a look in lately but there's plenty of time yet.

Not having my fair share of driving it isn't as bad as it seems as my own car is an Alpina B10 anyway so I'm not exactly hard done by.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:57 pm

Great Picture & Intro...
Welcome again... :thumbsup:
:worshipbmw:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

muppet

Re: Just joined the club

Post by muppet » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:04 pm

Shiney Zed ...Muppet like shiney things
ZED 3 2.8 quick enough for an old bloke.. then I crashed it...now it's fixed

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:10 pm

Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing with us! Great pics! :thumbsup:
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 am

Ian J, Welcome to the 4um! Nice ride you got there! :driving:
Member ZSCCA

Ian J

Post by Ian J » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks all. I'm spoiled for choice when I need to go out as either the Z4 or the Alpina are great cars. My current master plan is to keep the Z4 for a couple of years then replace it with the Alpina Roadster version as they should have come down to more sensible proce levels by then. My master plans do have a habit of changing every few weeks though and I still have a hankering after a Maserati 3200 which I know is a daft idea as it will probably cost an arm and a leg to run and won't have the reliability of anything made in Munich.

bingboybri

Post by bingboybri » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:15 pm

:thumbsup:
2003 z4 3.0i se auto,black with black roof,red leather,auto lights and wipers,ac, 6 cd, pdc,traction ,heated/elec memory seats,18 compomotive wheels and a great big grin on my face you couldnt crack with a sledge hammer.(oh and my new stubby from pav