Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lurching upon low gear acceleration

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Tayloi2

Post by Tayloi2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I've only had my Z4 since November and I'm currently experiencing quite worrying symptoms when driving.

Over the last week, the car is lurching quite badly when accelerating (not harshly) in first and second gear. I'm not sure if it's related but my EML has been illuminated since I had to replace the battery a couple of weeks back. The alternator has been checked and been given the all-clear. My concern is that it may be the fuel pump but with limited knowledge, I don't want to assume.

Thanks for reading. Any advice is more than welcome.
2007 Z4 e85 2.0 Montego Blue, M-Sport pack - alloys, seats and steering wheel. Mods - ZHP, stubby, Kenwood KMM-BT504DAB, Pyramid WX65X x 2

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Sorry I can't really offer any suggestions, but I imagine a good starting point would be to get the On Board Diagnostics read for fault codes and then go from there.

There are members on here with Carly which I think would help - here's a link to the thread:- viewtopic.php?p=1522557
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black