Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Almost in the club, Very Exciting!

First port of call for new members
Willzy

Post by Willzy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:26 am

So I finally picked the beast up on the weekend after an agonising extra week as the garage kept being sent the wrong part that they needed to sort. However here she is at long last (apologies for the less than glamourous pictures, i was having too much fun driving her over the weekend and forgot to stop to take some good ones).
Attachments
IMG_2548 (2).JPG
IMG_2548 (2).JPG (219.5 KiB) Viewed 709 times
IMG_2547 (3).JPG
IMG_2547 (3).JPG (214.39 KiB) Viewed 709 times
IMG_2546 (2).JPG
IMG_2546 (2).JPG (185.59 KiB) Viewed 709 times
IMG_2545 (2).JPG
IMG_2545 (2).JPG (147.09 KiB) Viewed 709 times

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Looking good. :thumbsup:

It sounds like you're already becoming addicted! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Gwest44

Post by Gwest44 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Looks well especially the aerial and the folding mirrors are always a nice extra to have - what colour is the leather? :thumbsup:
Sapphire Black 23i
Previously 7xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 3xE89's

Willzy

Post by Willzy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Its black leather throughout, not 2 tone on the doors, sat nat, heated seats, CD changer (no aux in the bottom but there is a hole where I think it's supposed to be so will have to get something sorted for that I think).

And yes I am becoming very much addicted!

So at some point I would to make it look a bit meaner, so was thinking either 19 inch wheels or lowering it a touch with some over coils (or both, is both too much?) what I'm looking at are between 600 & 800 hundred each so wont be doing anything straight away but would love to know peoples thoughts.

Also there are some dull patches where the garage has done some cover up paint work, it looks OK but not amazing. The paint work in general looks like that of a 13 year old car that hasn't every had anything done to it (as I assume it hasn't). I've never cared about a car enough to get any detailing done so don't know much about it but will a really good detail sort stuff like that out?

A bit of a big post (sorry) but any info on any of this would be amazing!

Cheers Guys

Vijay

Post by Vijay » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Niiiiccccceeee.....
2007 Z4 3.0Si Coupe, Carbon Black, 53K on clock & counting...
Mineral White M240i

tee.gilding

Post by tee.gilding » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Welcome to the coupe club! Looks nice. Any plans for it? (Aside from enjoying the sh** out of it!)
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport (E86) : Stratus Grey : Black Oregon leather : 19" Veemann V-FS33 : BC Racing coilovers : Kumho Ecsta rubber : MTEC discs : Brembo pads : stubby aerial : ZHP gear knob

Instagram: @stratus.z4coupe

Willzy

Post by Willzy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Ye I havea few ideas but it will have to be bit by bit.

I have just had a quote for 560 for a custom Quad exhaust from "Mij Exhausts" which is a lot cheaper than I though it was going to be. I love the look of the quad and you can customise the level of noise its putting out which is a bonus.

After that some new shoes and rubber most likely.

Obviously I need to find some proper ones but cant make my mind up betwee these designs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-performan ... SwVBRb4z7H

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-RIVA-DTM- ... 0033.m2042

But the plan is to get 19inch and the genral consensus seems to be that eagle F1's are the great??

I'm pretty sure this list will just keep getting bigger!!!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Well you're really getting stuck in to the modifications!

I think you'll need the battery moved if you go for the quad exhaust tips - on the M models it sits inside the boot.

I prefer the look of the Riva wheels, although as they are CSL replicas plenty of other people have fitted them! If you want your car to be different something else might be a better idea.

On the tyre front plenty of people seem to rate Michelin Pilot Sports highly, but I've no personal experience of them.

You mentioned some paint issues - I think you'd need to get a detailer to look at it. Then they could tell you if detailing would correct things. Depending on where you are it might be worth contacting forum member "srhutch" in E. Sussex - if I remember right he is a detailer.

Anyway good luck with it all. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black