Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Central Scotland Newbie - On the hunt for my first Z4

First port of call for new members
MattA

Post by MattA » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi all,
I've been considering a Z4 as my new 'weekend' car and lurking around the forum while I've been doing my homework. 

It's a brilliant source of information and has helped confirm a Z4 roadster is what I'm after, so thought I'd better sign up!

Based in central Scotland (near Edinburgh), there isn't a huge choice locally but, as I'm keen to get the right car, travelling isn't really a problem - I've had a few fairly high-powered Westfields in the past and once bought one on the south coast and drove it 500+ miles home it torrential rain without a roof (I'm supposedly a bit older and wiser now :) , so won't be doing that again in a hurry!).

Ideally, I'm looking for a pre-facelift E85, 2.5 or 3.0 and condition is everything - a straight, original car with no mods is the priority. I'm a fussy git and it'll be pampered! Not too worried about spec, mileage or colour. Manual or auto is fine. I've seen a few now but none have lived up to the adverts so far unfortunately. Still, I'm happy to wait until the right car comes along and although my budget is flexible, I'll not be paying silly money for one. I do my own maintenance but a car with a decent service history is preferable. Fortunately, thanks to this forum, I know what to look out for.

Anyway, sorry this has turned into more of a wanted advert than an introduction!

Cheers, Matt

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Matt. :thumbsup:

At least you know exactly what you want - that makes the search easier! You say you aren't too worried about spec. but most Roadster owners seem to prefer to have heated seats so they can extend the roof-down season (plus it helps with re-sale later).

You never know, someone selling one may read this - but you could always put a "Wanted" post in the For Sale section just to be sure!

Good luck finding the right one - and don't forget we like photos. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Haggisman

Post by Haggisman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:47 pm

WElcome Matt. I bought a 3.0 E85 Manual and love it. Have raced various cars over the years and wanted a fun and engaging car, IMO this fits the bill 100%. From your neck of the woods originally I know there are some great roads for you to enjoy. As Mr Tidy say’s, heated seats are good. This a great forum and lots of info to help the Z4 owner. Good luck with the search.
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2020 Kia Sportage GT - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:49 pm

Looks like a nice zed 30si just gone back up for sale in Inverness have a look 👀 in for sale thread hope this helps good luck finding your perfect zed :thumbsup:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

greg81

Post by greg81 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Another Lothianer here. Good luck with your search!

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Welcome! Also West Lothian, and happy to offer any advice if required! :thumbsup:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:13 pm

Welcome to the forum and good hunting. :thumbsup:

MattA

Post by MattA » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:34 am

Thanks for the welcome and advice folks. Hopefully won't be too long until I find something.

PHILGZ4

Post by PHILGZ4 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:30 pm

MattA wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:34 am Thanks for the welcome and advice folks. Hopefully won't be too long until I find something.
Have you looked on the web site at the car Auction in Perth as they had two Z's? just a thought.

MattA

Post by MattA » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:22 pm

No but I will - thanks for the heads up!