New Zealand Z4 Owner

First port of call for new members
scarlet-jester

New Zealand Z4 Owner

Post by scarlet-jester » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 am

enzed4 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:40 pm
My son was there at the same time (he's more into the JDM scene). I don't know that I've ever been to Ruapuna, but I suspect he may drag me along some day, some of the track days sound interesting.
Its a good track - longer than Pukehoe now. I have not looked into track days yet - wee way off for me yet. I would need to change insurers too probably as I am with Tower and I doubt they would cover me for track days. That and two sets of new tyres (new standards and some track tyres) make it look more like a summer 2020 thing realistically .....
2006 3.0Si

Haggisman

New Zealand Z4 Owner

Post by Haggisman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:24 am

scarlet-jester wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 am
Haggisman wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 am
A 2009 Z4 MC just came on trade me, I would be happy with a M roadster, seem to be a bit cheaper? I ran spacers on my race M3 because of the amount of neg camber on front, did a stud conversion bought from Turner Motorsport to make life a bit easier as well.
My track day was awesome, sticky tyres would have made a huge difference in the confidence stakes, was expecting the road tyres to go off after a few laps but surprisingly they behaved, brakes with decent pads and Motul high temp fluid were great as well.

I saw some forged BBS wheels that I fancied on trademe, seller was in CHristchurch plus they were quite expensive and hard to know what condition they were in even with reasonable photo’s.
Are you in Christchurch?
Yes, I am in CHCH - happy to look at stuff for you if you need it. Drop me a PM if you need help with anything. Wow, $50k for the Z4M, will be interesting to see if it shifts at that price. I see it has had the dash carbon wrapped too

I have a good mechanic who does all of our cars (apart from the Z4) and he sorts warrants and such like. I will go and have a chat with him around my new wheels - get some advice and see what the costs look like before taking the plunge.
May well take you up on your offer, appreciate it. Good luck with your chat, a good mechanic who takes an interest is worth their weight in gold.
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual - Current
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2016 Mazda SP25 Ltd - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning