Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Retrofit a drivers side glovebox

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi All , some questions ,
Has anyone retrofitted a drivers side glove box assembly on an E89 Z4 , the parts are reasonable at £58.60 inc vat , for some extra storage .
So if I remove the complete panel under the dash / steering column will the complete new panel with opening glove box offer up and fit ?

Also , my brushed stainless steel trim around the centre console is scratched , am I right in saying the panel and the two on the dash are held in with spring clips , so a soft plastic trim removing tool will ease them out ?

Lastly , my Z4 has no door welcoming lights fitted , I want to cut and fit in the logo projector lights to the shaped cut outs under the lower door panels , are the spare wires in the door looms already ? or do I need to run wiring from the courtesy lamps up on the windscreen header to power these led lamps ?

Any advise would be most welcome .

Cheers
Mark

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Sorry I can't help with any of your questions really. :oops:

But I got hold of another first aid box and fitted it under the driver's seat for a bit more storage (it's the same part as fitted to the E46 3 Series).
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black