Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Picking it up this Saturday!

First port of call for new members
Keet

Post by Keet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:33 am

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Keith

Alpine White, 2014 e89 20i M Sport (It's my wife's really :D)

JackTup

Post by JackTup » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:40 am

Congrats and Welcome! :thumbsup:

AveZ4coop

Post by AveZ4coop » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:27 am

RustyZ4 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:50 pm I bet you can’t wait, let’s hope the weather is good,,
Sounds like you love it, and that is all that matters, if it puts a smile on your face, worth every penny
X2 :driving:
Montego blue 2006 BMW Z4 coupe 3.0si with black interior, ZHP, Whippy, 12mm front/16mm rear spacers on BBS 108's wrapped in Michelin PS4's. :driving:Brand new Pierburg water pump fitted at 101k after failure :cry: (should have done it at 100k) :headbang:

z4pilot

Post by z4pilot » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:25 am

idej_z4 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:28 pm Silver grey...my favourite. Looks like its had a headlight conversion though as im pretty sure those lights are not standard.
I always thought the smaller engine variants got the black inners and the 3 litres and xenon equipped cars got the silver inners as a differentiator? Shame really, as I'd prefer black inners on mine.
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi and welcome.

One dark night to go! Hope you have already plotted the longest possible way home from collecting it. :)

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

z4too4

Post by z4too4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Nice! Enjoy :driving:
2004 Z4 E85 2.2i SE, Black Sapphire, Heated Dream Red Leather, Cruise
Plus
- Android 7.1.2, Touch, Voice, Navi, GPS, 3G/4G, Rear Camera, Dashcam, DVD, FM, Aux, USB, WiFi, BT, Phone, OBD2
- Parking sensors
- Wind deflector
- Fitted rubber mats
- LED bulbs

Z4Tuga

Post by Z4Tuga » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi all,

Once again thanks for all the "welcomes"!
Quick update,
picked it up and everything works as it should and what a joy it is to be back in a sports car (even though it's just a 2.0). Only bad surprise was the door of the glove compartment which seems have a damaged hinge it doesn't open or closed smoothly, but should be an easy fix.

Only thing I noticed was, starting the car that this morning felt more of a struggle than the first two times I started at the dealership. Car was kept indoors at the dealership. This could just be me as I can't really tell what the "normal" start is and coming from a diesel car, but could this be the symptom of just a cold morning or maybe the starter motor is going? Spark plugs have been replaced in a big service in May this year.
Other thing I would like to ask is, would you advise to let the car warm up in a cold morning before driving it? I've noticed the idle to go up to 1100 rpms after turning engine on, and then gradually going down to 900, in a space of maybe two minutes. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Glad you are enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Your starting problem may be down to the battery - my 06 plate one had it's original in it when I bought it in May 2016 and often seemed a bit unwilling to start, more so when warmed up for some reason. :?

A new battery in December 2016 fixed that so I'd have a look for any date stickers on your battery and go from there. As yours is an 07 it may be due one!

I've no experience of a 2.0 but my Z4 does have a higher idle speed for the first minute or two, so yours doesn't sound unusual.

Even on cold days I just start mine and drive it - but I never "give it the beans" until it has warmed up - that takes 5 miles or so IME.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

GBZ4

Post by GBZ4 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:58 am

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

Z4Tuga

Post by Z4Tuga » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:58 pm Glad you are enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Your starting problem may be down to the battery - my 06 plate one had it's original in it when I bought it in May 2016 and often seemed a bit unwilling to start, more so when warmed up for some reason. :?

A new battery in December 2016 fixed that so I'd have a look for any date stickers on your battery and go from there. As yours is an 07 it may be due one!

I've no experience of a 2.0 but my Z4 does have a higher idle speed for the first minute or two, so yours doesn't sound unusual.

Even on cold days I just start mine and drive it - but I never "give it the beans" until it has warmed up - that takes 5 miles or so IME.
Thanks for your feedback. I'm thinking battery as well, mostly because it just occurred me that the car has probably been sitting in the dealership for a few days/weeks without any charging. I havent driven it since Sunday so I will test the battery's voltage and take if for a long spin tonight and see if I get any improvements.
As for the the idle, after some further reading it seems like normal behaviour like you reported, thanks!