Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newby looking for advice

First port of call for new members
Ashton

Newby looking for advice

Post by Ashton » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:40 am

20180606_161611.jpg
20180606_161611.jpg (188.52 KiB) Viewed 392 times
Hello, I'm brand new on here but have owned my 2004 msport for around 5 years now.

I'm getting a lot of condensation in my headlamps and I'm not sure how to clear this for good?

Also... my headlamps are looking dull and dated, any suggestions on an upgrade?

(I also have no idea how to create a picture signature) :roll:

Thanks

rally-chris

Newby looking for advice

Post by rally-chris » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:48 am

Welcome.

To fix your headlamp condensation issue you need to first dry them out after removing the rear covers on a warm dry day, maybe with careful use of a hairdryer, and then replace the rear covers with new parts for your BMW dealer that include new seals.

To cure the cloudiness you can buy DIY restoration kits to polish the lenses but this may only give a short term improvement and it will need doing again regularly unless a good UV protecting sealant is supplied with the kit. A better solution is to get your local paint shop to finely sand and then lacquer the lenses, as I’ve done on my coupe.

Aftermarket headlamps are also available but quality is questionable and they can look a bit cheap.

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Crazy Harry

Newby looking for advice

Post by Crazy Harry » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:52 am

Hi and welcome fellow roadster owner.

Condensation may be as simple as an incorrectly fitted rear cover - lots of information in our old threads use the search button on the top left tool bar.

If you want a cheap refresh of the lens then you can cut and re-polish the surface with either a kit or just by some wet and dry and brasso its all in the old threads - happy reading