Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello From California again

First port of call for new members
Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:16 am

enzed4 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:12 am Looks like a great colour for the hot California days. Not too keen on the wood dash if that's what's hiding in the cockpit though... :? . But each to his own (and it's probably not got a big scratch in it like my aluminium dash :( )
At least you don't get the sun reflected in your eyes thing that you can get on a summer evening in the UK!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 pm

enzed4 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:12 am Looks like a great colour for the hot California days. Not too keen on the wood dash if that's what's hiding in the cockpit though... . But each to his own (and it's probably not got a big scratch in it like my aluminium dash )
I hope firebobby doesn't read that - still you are about half a world away from him! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JackTup

Post by JackTup » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:03 am Just had another look at your photos - is that a wood finish dash as well?
Yes it is wood finish.

JackTup

Post by JackTup » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 pm
enzed4 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:12 am Looks like a great colour for the hot California days. Not too keen on the wood dash if that's what's hiding in the cockpit though... . But each to his own (and it's probably not got a big scratch in it like my aluminium dash )
Yeah the wood dash is fine for me. However, it has a high gloss finish so I do get reflections depending on what position the sun is. Not all year round of course. It took me a while to get used to seeing movement out of the corner of my eye as highway sign would track across the
finish as reflections. I don't really notice it now so If something important reflects there, it will probably kill me.

JackTup

Post by JackTup » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:03 am Just had another look at your photos - is that a wood finish dash as well?
Yes it is a wood finish dash. I am okay with it since it sort of ties the color combo together with the tan interior and top. The only thing is it has a high gloss finish so reflections from overhead signs scroll down it and can catch your eye. aside from that, it is easy to keep clean and does not show fingerprints too easily.

Muckinonthesofa

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Looks lovely, welcome to the forum. California seems so exotic to me, what an awesome part of the world :thumbsup:
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

JackTup

Post by JackTup » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:39 pm Looks lovely, welcome to the forum. California seems so exotic to me, what an awesome part of the world :thumbsup:
Thank you. California is a beautiful state to live in. I've lived all over the world and the climate here is the best IMO. Aside from all that, California is a bit crazy.

BSVA

Post by BSVA » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 am

Hi JackTup, welcome to the forum. I am located at the other side of this country.
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i, Titanium Silver, Black Leather, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Xenons, Ellipsoids,
Continental ProContact RX SSR's.