Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Noob from Merseyside

First port of call for new members
Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Noob from Merseyside

Post by Marlon » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:53 am

Welcome along :driving:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

mackharry

Noob from Merseyside

Post by mackharry » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am

earthdweller wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:55 am Welcome to the forum looks like it’s a home with the other bmw cars around it
Thanks Earthdweller, BMW have always been my car of choice finances allowing, the mini is my wifes but thats almost a BMW :)
3.0 si sapphire black e85 facelift, individual leather New England black Silverstone grey, ZHP

Gone - Little 4pot e85 facelift ruby black metallic, oregon beige leather, ZHP

mackharry

Noob from Merseyside

Post by mackharry » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:49 am

firebobby wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:11 am
mackharry wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 pm Hi firebobby, could well be damp mate but when I've checked the carpets there are no wet patches, could be historical possibly as the 3rd brake light is cracked and loose fitting. On the list of jobs to do. What do you think of the clear 3rd brake light?
I have and like the red brake light, I think the clear one goes better with certain colours. Make sure you get the new type of spring for the unit, I think they are less harse.
Try using a hose on the rear of the car and see if water enters the boot. :)
Thanks Bobby, ill give that a go this weekend. Does the battery compartment dold water or is there anywhere for the water to drain at the bottom?
3.0 si sapphire black e85 facelift, individual leather New England black Silverstone grey, ZHP

mackharry

Noob from Merseyside

Post by mackharry » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks Marlon, nice car

earthdweller

Noob from Merseyside

Post by earthdweller » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:18 am

mackharry wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am
earthdweller wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:55 am Welcome to the forum looks like it’s a home with the other bmw cars around it
Thanks Earthdweller, BMW have always been my car of choice finances allowing, the mini is my wifes but thats almost a BMW :)
I have an X3 as a daily and the wife has a mini .. I had an X1 before the X3

Cracking company for the zed 👍
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

mackharry

Noob from Merseyside

Post by mackharry » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:25 am

earthdweller wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:18 am
mackharry wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am
Quite right mate, cant have them sat there all lonely :)

I have an X3 as a daily and the wife has a mini .. I had an X1 before the X3

Cracking company for the zed 👍

mackharry

Noob from Merseyside

Post by mackharry » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Thought id give and update after 2 months of Z4 ownership under my belt. Pleased to report i am very happy with the car, had a few teething issues but it had a six month warranty on it and the dealer was very happy to sort out the problems. Basically, the battery was on its last legs so he put a new one in but a bit further down the line i noticed the AC and rear window heater werent working and the heater fan was really weak. A quick google seemed to point to "transport mode". Took it back to the dealer who cleared the fault for me, everything works fine now. Here is my issue though, transport mode seems to be a common fault with Z4s with low or dead batteries and i was planning to keep it stored over the winter months but if the battery dies then it could be back in transport mode. It seems a simple fix but i dont want to have to take it to the garage to clear it every spring. Ive read about people downloading software and doing their own diagnostics but i dont want to screw anything up. maybe a trickle charger on the battery?