Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First port of call for new members
Tomijon

Post by Tomijon » Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi everyone.
I will be going to pick up my first z4 on Saturday, in fact my first bmw. Its a 2007 2.0 sport with a fairly hefty 105k on the clock. It has a full mainly bmw service history. I was a little surprised to notice it doesn't have steering wheel audio controls? suppose I can live with that. Its based in Bournemouth, so it will be a long test drive back to Liverpool. I must say I haven't seen many favourable reports on the 2.0l version, but I'm a bit long in the tooth for high performance cars now anyway :) Regards, Tom.
[/attachment]
z4.jpg
z4.jpg (213.62 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Attachments
z4 2.jpg
z4 2.jpg (206.52 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
z4 1.jpg
z4 1.jpg (247.13 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (181.42 KiB) Viewed 1085 times

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu May 31, 2018 9:36 pm

looks well with the red m sport seats :thumbsup: wouldnt worrry about the steering wheel controls personally.. old habits with me i suppose but I still always use the controls on the stereo itself.. although I also dont have music on so much in the zed :D :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu May 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Lovely colour combination, and that's a great plate too!

Plenty of features on 3 Series of the era went missing on the Z4 for some reason, remote stereo controls, crusie control, parking sensors among others! But then the stereo isn't too far away. :)

Mileage doesn't seem too much of an issue - mine is on 86K now but still going strong.

You'll certainly get to know it on the drive home - enjoy! :driving:

And I don't know if you've read about them, but the roof motors are prone to getting drowned. However there are people who can relocate them to the boot for a very reasonable price so if yours hasn't been moved forum member "ducklakeview" is in your part of the world.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Z4 COUPSTER

Post by Z4 COUPSTER » Thu May 31, 2018 9:42 pm

:thumbsup: Lovely. And the plate...What a sweeeet bonus. I love that
:thumbsup: Z in da Head.
3.0i Z3 sport,sapphire black,3.0i Z4 roadster Sterling grey,auto,Z4 3.0si Coupe Titanium silver,Stubby &B06 Plus some other German beauties!!

blackabbot

Post by blackabbot » Thu May 31, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum, lovely colour combo, my 2.0i sport has the multi function steering wheel with the audio controls maybe it wasn't an option on yours. Although its the least favoured E85 because it has the four cylinder engine I've had fifteen months of trouble free motoring in mine and has all the power I need round the twistys in north wales, have a great drive back to liverpool :driving:
2008, E85 2.0i sport, Titan Silver, Hardtop, ZHP Gear Knob, Chrome Exhaust Tip , Hydro Graphic Carbon Interior, DLV roof motor relocation and CDV delete and a Whippy :D

Tomijon

Post by Tomijon » Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:37 pm Don't know if you've read about them, but the roof motors are prone to getting drowned. However there are people who can relocate them to the boot for a very reasonable price so if yours hasn't been moved forum member "ducklakeview" is in your part of the world.
Z4
Thanks for the heads up on that :thumbsup: , will I be able to see if it needs moving?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu May 31, 2018 10:43 pm

Tomijon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 pm Thanks for the heads up on that , will I be able to see if it needs moving?
Well I may not be the best person to ask as I've only had Coupes (so far)!

I think the original location is tucked up under the rear bulkhead, but once they are moved they sit in front of the rear wheelarch.

Hopefully someone who's had one will come along soon with a definitive answer!

By the way if you do visit Mike ("ducklakeview" on the forum) he can do most jobs on a Z4 - I was up in Cheshire last year and made a trip to his place. He cut and coded a spare flip-style key for me and replaced my corroded rear brake pipes for a very reasonable price! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:20 am

Welcome to the forum. No such thing as too long in the tooth when it comes to Zeds. :wink:

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:48 am

Welcome to the forum, new member Dan_M has just joined at the same time as you, also with a 2007 2.0 - what are the odds...? Interesting stripes in front of the side indicators, I've never seen that done on the Z4 before.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Tomijon

Post by Tomijon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Thanks for all your good wishes and advice . :thumbsup:
I will report back when I pick the car up. I'm not looking forward to the long train journey to Bournemouth but the journey back might be a hoot :driving: Regards, Tom.
ps. The black stripe on the car is carbon effect, and I'm sure it could be removed if necessary. Will post some more pics .

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi & Welcome :thumbsup:

That's one lovely looking Z :D
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Welcome to the forum - red M Sport seats are very sort after, nice colour combo with the silver too :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Tomijon

Post by Tomijon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 pm

I took the train from Liverpool to Bournemouth yesterday at 7:30 a.m. Arrived at 1 p.m. And was picked up by Rich the seller. As soon as I saw the car pull into the railway station I knew I had made the right decision. It's been very well maintained and looked after, hardly a mark on it and the interior is Fabulous :D it has a 6 stack business audio setup that plays MP3 files :thumbsup: . I started back for Liverpool around 2:30 and only one small problem, the bonnet had not been closed properly . I can't say I noticed any warning lights?.closed it and it stayed closed.
I managed to get as far as Stoke before it was necessary for me to put the roof up. I got back to Liverpool just before 8 p.m. (knackered) a journey of almost 300 miles (lost for 30). The Z drove fantastically although I'm not sure about the run flats. It's not a particularly fast car being the two litre(remap maybe?) but it's a great Cruiser and looks the business. Full service history but, sadly no owner's handbook.
Regards, Tom.

Z4 COUPSTER

Post by Z4 COUPSTER » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Tomijon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 pm I took the train from Liverpool to Bournemouth yesterday at 7:30 a.m. Arrived at 1 p.m. And was picked up by Rich the seller. As soon as I saw the car pull into the railway station I knew I had made the right decision. It's been very well maintained and looked after, hardly a mark on it and the interior is Fabulous :D it has a 6 stack business audio setup that plays MP3 files :thumbsup: . I started back for Liverpool around 2:30 and only one small problem, the bonnet had not been closed properly . I can't say I noticed any warning lights?.closed it and it stayed closed.
I managed to get as far as Stoke before it was necessary for me to put the roof up. I got back to Liverpool just before 8 p.m. (knackered) a journey of almost 300 miles (lost for 30). The Z drove fantastically although I'm not sure about the run flats. It's not a particularly fast car being the two litre(remap maybe?) but it's a great Cruiser and looks the business. Full service history but, sadly no owner's handbook.
Regards, Tom.
Glad it went well, it's a journey of Nervous excitement when you drive a car you have just bought for that distance (I know as my Z3 came from Harrogate to South Wales) and I'm glad it all went well.
D
:thumbsup: Z in da Head.
3.0i Z3 sport,sapphire black,3.0i Z4 roadster Sterling grey,auto,Z4 3.0si Coupe Titanium silver,Stubby &B06 Plus some other German beauties!!

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Tomijon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 pm I took the train from Liverpool to Bournemouth yesterday at 7:30 a.m. Arrived at 1 p.m. And was picked up by Rich the seller. As soon as I saw the car pull into the railway station I knew I had made the right decision. It's been very well maintained and looked after, hardly a mark on it and the interior is Fabulous :D it has a 6 stack business audio setup that plays MP3 files :thumbsup: . I started back for Liverpool around 2:30 and only one small problem, the bonnet had not been closed properly . I can't say I noticed any warning lights?.closed it and it stayed closed.
Regards, Tom.
Sounds like a wonderful drive home, don't bother with a remap on the 2.0 - 9% gain max
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S