Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 Z4 possible new car

First port of call for new members
RobertC

E89 Z4 possible new car

Post by RobertC » Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Hello :)

I'm looking at an E89 Z4 for my next car. We have a Skoda estate as a family car but my wife has started working part time so I will need my own car as I use it to commute to work (45 miles). I want something more fun with some poke but also fairly economical when going motorway speeds. Looking at this salary calculator I have about £650 a month to spend from a recent payrise and tightening down some spending (car would be financed). Will an E89 fit in this price bracket?

Also - to E89 owners: what kind of MPG do you get? I want an engine with a good balance between fun and economy.

Thanks!

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Z4 possible new car

Post by RustyZ4 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi & Welcome :thumbsup:

With £650 a month, should finance you a very nice car, obviously you will get a better deal privately, but means you will have to get a loan, if you go to a dealer you can get one of the lease deals, but, I always buy my cars (loan or otherwise) but then im old fashioned :oops:

I have a E89 2.8, which is the higher turbo 2.0 , on average I get about 32mpg, if I go on a long run 45mpg
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

JimsZ

E89 Z4 possible new car

Post by JimsZ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:42 pm

I will be doing a similar commute in mine soon (If the bloody exchange gets sorted!!) in mine a 28i. I have done the run (80 mile round trip for the past six months (For fun and exploring the area) and really enjoy the drive in the Z missing as much M way as possible. Not sure im over keen on whacking 25K on it per anum though for commuting so am looking at a cheaper hack to run along side it.

Averaging 29/30MPG for me but that includes all the urban driving i do.

FWIW I was in Maidenhead yesterday and see Sytner have a few used ones in stock.

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/result/?loca ... r_id=21384

Might be worth a look.

I kept getting drawn towards the M4`s on display though :lol:
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

E89 Z4 possible new car

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=105603

A 23i Msport could be the perfect way into a E89 that will easily soak up your commute & cheap enough to maintain + forum pedigree so no nasty surprises
Welcome :thumbsup:

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo