Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Thinking of buying my first Z

First port of call for new members
Mbintx

Post by Mbintx » Wed May 23, 2018 9:43 am

I have been in the market for a Z4 for a little while now, and had a few questions.
I recently sold my Porsche Boxster, and that thing was a nightmare to work on. Are these cars fairly easy to work on and gain access to things? Are they pretty dependable?
This is the one I'm thinking of looking at...

https://www.sewellsubaru.com/used/BMW/2 ... Depth=1:61

Does this look like a good buy? Are there any concerns with this year model? What kind of mileage do these things typically get on the highway if driven pretty conservative?

Any help or replies would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Z4 COUPSTER

Post by Z4 COUPSTER » Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm

The vehicle looks good, lots of little extras, if a good history not many issues and definitely easier yo work on than a Boxster.
Mileage I see middle 30s on a run in my exaxt same car auto etc.
Others will give you mote info I'm sure
D
:thumbsup: Z in da Head.
3.0i Z3 sport,sapphire black,3.0i Z4 roadster Sterling grey,auto,Z4 3.0si Coupe Titanium silver,Stubby &B06 Plus some other German beauties!!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed May 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Z4 COUPSTER wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm The vehicle looks good, lots of little extras, if a good history not many issues and definitely easier yo work on than a Boxster.
Mileage I see middle 30s on a run in my exaxt same car auto etc.
Others will give you mote info I'm sure
D
Bear in mind that’s British mpg using our larger gallons though! :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Z4 COUPSTER wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm The vehicle looks good, lots of little extras
...what would they be? Spec looks pretty basic to me. Crucially I think is that it doesn't have M-sport heated seats which I think is one of the most important options (in the UK at least). Maybe the heated bit is not so important in Dallas but many people also find the non M-sport seats very unsupportive.

The 10 speaker hifi thing is not true either - it's the basic 6 speaker business CD setup which doesn't play MP3's (at least in UK spec it wouldn't). Also surprised to see lack of climate control - I thought that was std.

Can't really comment on price as don't know the market over there but converting to GBP that would be around £6.2k which would be grossly overpriced for a 2004 car with 114k miles. That said it does look in great condition otherwise and you will find them infinitely easier to work on compared to a Boxster.
Last edited by ph001 on Wed May 23, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Z4 COUPSTER

Post by Z4 COUPSTER » Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 pm

The bits I meant are
MFSW
Cruise
Bluetooth prep
Memory seats
Nice little extras.
I'm confused on climate as well.
But as you said it is a clean car.
D
:thumbsup: Z in da Head.
3.0i Z3 sport,sapphire black,3.0i Z4 roadster Sterling grey,auto,Z4 3.0si Coupe Titanium silver,Stubby &B06 Plus some other German beauties!!

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu May 24, 2018 12:14 am

Much easier to work on than a Boxster. :) Welcome aboard.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Thu May 24, 2018 4:57 am

Looks lovely!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!