Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 roof not working, assistance required.

First port of call for new members
Rosscuthill

Post by Rosscuthill » Mon May 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Hello everyone
I am new to this forum having owned my Z4 3.0 si roadster for almost 3 years now.
This seems to be a great place to get advice and assistance with all sorts of problems, so here goes.
My Z4 was due to have a nice long run this bank holiday to take advantage of the sun; alas, when I went to lower the roof it unlocked and released but travelled no more than a couple of inches before grinding to a halt.
I managed to manually close it again and have since checked the usual faults ( all fuses and storage shelf in the boot) but no luck.
Having researched this common fault it would appear to be the roof motor which is the most likely cause. I've checked the main stealer and it appears extortion is at the forefront of their business plan (Not paying silly money). So what I was wondering is, are there any competent enthusiasts out there who would be willing to help me for a reasonable amount of money.
I live in the Perth area of Scotland but would be willing to travel. Any assistance anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Ross.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Mon May 07, 2018 8:13 pm

i think that far north your best bet is forum member durham dave.. search him up :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:41 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:13 pm i think that far north your best bet is forum member durham dave.. search him up :thumbsup:
Durham Dave isn't a member, but you can contact him through CherryM I beleive
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Durham Dave's number is 07864860960
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Rosscuthill

Post by Rosscuthill » Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Thanks for your time and assistance guys. I'll look up durham dave :)