Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Someone please help

First port of call for new members
Sharnd

Someone please help

Post by Sharnd » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:29 pm

I have a 2003 z4 that’s had a multitude of problems the latest being the drivers door handle and lock .. so I replaced the mechanism which was ok but now the manual lock barrel has broken and to make matters worse it looks like the car battery died - which I only replaced about 6 months ago - so now I can’t get into my car at all, my initially thought I’d get the battery replaced .. am I right or is there something more afoot

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Someone please help

Post by Smartbear » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Sharnd wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:29 pm I have a 2003 z4 that’s had a multitude of problems the latest being the drivers door handle and lock .. so I replaced the mechanism which was ok but now the manual lock barrel has broken and to make matters worse it looks like the car battery died - which I only replaced about 6 months ago - so now I can’t get into my car at all, my initially thought I’d get the battery replaced .. am I right or is there something more afoot
Hi, it depends on how often you use it & wether it’s hooked up to a battery maintainer if used infrequently :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Sharnd

Someone please help

Post by Sharnd » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:23 pm

Well I only got it back from the garage 3 days ago and he drove it to my house. And I used it every day