Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

First port of call for new members
thanatu55

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by thanatu55 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:23 pm

Yes it's Reiger, nice spot! I was lucky enough to get the exhaust from another forum member on here DLV. It was a custom made one taken off another Z he was working on.

Peter-E36

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Peter-E36 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Very nice man, lucky indeed! Really like the rear bumper and quad exhaust combo.

If you or anyone could point me in the direction of any of the parts I listed, would really appreciate it :)
E85 3.0i

thanatu55

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by thanatu55 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm

I'd bspeak to DLV (DuckLakeView) about the folding mirrors, I think he posted a guide on here for them not long ago. I'll try to find it.

There are a few guides dotted about on here. You can get a retrofit cruise control loom by a forum member in the forum services section. You just need to source the stalk from somewhere, which tend to be quite expensive. https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=97223

I just sold a set of original mats literally this week! But you can usually pick up some used but fairly mint condition for £30 to £40 either on here or maybe ebay.

I'm sure other members could be more helpful than me on some of the other things.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Peter - your car is looking good. :thumbsup:

You're getting right into the spirit of things with your list of plans - good luck working your way through it!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Peter-E36

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Peter-E36 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:21 pm

That’s very helpful, thanks! I need to sit down and go through the site with a fine tooth comb and check out the guides etc. I checked the for sale section last night until as far back as December, some good stuff but looks like it gets picked up very quickly indeed! One of the ads was sold in 12 mins I think :D

@ Mr Tidy: why thank you sir! I believe I’m gonna need lots of luck (and bags of cash) to get through it. But I’ll take it one step at a time :)
E85 3.0i

Mr.Sloth

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Mr.Sloth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:01 am

Welcome to the forum, car looks fantastic :thumbsup:
I’m a newbie too and based in Ireland, I picked up my first zed the end of January, it’s a 2.5i and thoroughly enjoying it. If you do get the LSD fitted I’d be very interested to hear how you get on with it :driving:
Last edited by Mr.Sloth on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter-E36

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Peter-E36 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 am

That’s great to hear :) where abouts? Maybe we can meet up and go for a spin or somethin? Perhaps an Irish Z4 photoshoot :D

LSD makes a massive difference, it was the first mod I did on my 335i. I fitted a Quaife which is torque biasing and suited the car perfectly but this time around I want a traditional clutch type LSD. I’ve found the place to build it for me but I need to provide them with an open diff with the ratio I want, so I need to source a 3.64 ratio diff ASAP. The in-gear acceleration should be savage compared to the standard 3.07 ratio! I also prefer shorter gears, it’s more involving. I surprisingly really enjoyed driving a friend’s 116i partially because I thought the gearing was excellent!
E85 3.0i

Mr.Sloth

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Mr.Sloth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Sounds good to me. I’m based in Wicklow, plenty of nice roads out around me :driving: Although I’m right in the middle of the lambing season and the tail end of storm Emma right now unfortunately! And does the LSD help prevent the traction control from kicking in so early?

Peter-E36

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Peter-E36 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Beautiful part of the country, sally gap is nice but not sure what the road surface is like these days?

A Quaife would quieten the traction control down alright, as it'll manage traction by shuffling the power between the rear wheels and only let traction control cut the power when it can't handle the situation. But you can also press the DSC button once to go into DTC mode (Dynamic Traction Control) which backs off the traction control a bit, let's you have a little bit of fun but will keep stability control on so you don't kill yourself, that was my favourite mode for daily driving in the 335i :)

Will drop you a pm now with contact details if you fancy going for a spin at some point, maybe you can show me a nice new route for a spirited drive! :driving:
E85 3.0i

Attilio

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Attilio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Peter-E36 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:01 pm Thanks for the warm welcome!

To answer some of the questions, I’m based in Dublin. Would 100% come to a meet up north if there was one, itching to get to any car events!

Also yes, the car was very low indeed, too low for the roads around here anyway so first order of business was to refit the original springs.

This is what it looks like now... still quite low actually but a lot more drive-able.

Previous owner fitted the aero kit and spoiler, had it detailed and ceramic coated, refurbed the 107s, wrapped them in Bridgestone RFTs (SO HARSH..), and fitted them with spacers, fitted gloss black grills, stubby antenna, an oil temp gauge (very clean install), and had it lowered on 40mm FK springs (now for sale if anyone’s interested they have about 1k miles on em), he also tinted the headlights, fitted Bluetooth streaming, USB port and an AUX in (also very clean install).

Oil Temp Gauge:

What I did so far is refit original springs, replace a drop link that’s seen better days and get a 4 wheel alignment. Plans? Well the list is getting bigger by the day.. but some of the items I’m not sure are very cost effective, like performance seats :(

-Need a xenon levelling sensor to pass the NCT (Irish MOT) (anybody got one?)
-Might reinstall the foam in the sound generator (have that)
-Retrofit Power Folding Mirrors (costly?)
-Retrofit Cruise Control (easy to do?)
-Roof Down Side Covers (wanted them as soon as I became aware of their existence!)
-Original Mats (Main Dealer maybe)
-Refit 3.0i Badges but in gloss black
-Mirror Switch (mine works in every direction except up for some reason)
-Performance seats ($$$$$) or maybe M-Sport seats (heated and manual preferably)
-MFSW M-Sport Steering Wheel (could I get the buttons to work?)
-Exhaust (NEED SOME SNAP CRACKLE AND POP, decat + muffler delete maybe?)
-3.64 or (3.46 at least) LSD (This is top priority)
-Suspension (Least priority - will see if normal tyres make it less skittish)
-Boot pop mod ( this is just cool :) )
-USDM Lights (anybody do this?)
Hello Peter!

welcome to the forum and congratulations for the great looking Z!

I am based in Dublin too and already met another Z4 roadster owner (not forum member). There is also a nice coupe' in Limerick that I know of.

Saw your post about the North Wales Run and delighted you are planning to attend. Would also be great to meet up here in Dublin ahead of the event; let me know what you think!

A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

Attilio

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Attilio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Mr.Sloth wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm Sounds good to me. I’m based in Wicklow, plenty of nice roads out around me :driving: Although I’m right in the middle of the lambing season and the tail end of storm Emma right now unfortunately! And does the LSD help prevent the traction control from kicking in so early?
Hello Mr.Sloth,

I am in Dublin and often drive around Sally Gap (not in the last few days!). If that's ok I will contact you and Peter to be part of a Z4 drive around Wicklow.

chat soon
A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

Peter-E36

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Peter-E36 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Just name the time and place :D

Will pm you my number now.

Loving this forum already by the way! It is truly refreshing to see enthusiastic members that want to be involved in activities and events.
E85 3.0i

adam04

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by adam04 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Nice motor, you must have purchased around the same time as me. I was very close to going to see this one but saw one up in Scotland first which i went for. Looks like a really good motor, looked after and the guy selling seemed to know his stuff.

I see your at the North Wales meet so I will have to come and have a good nosey at the car to see if I made the right decision!
2003 E85 3.0i Auto Titanium Silver / Aerobody Kit / Cruise / Xenons / Cupholders....

Peter-E36

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by Peter-E36 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:28 pm

adam04 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:21 pm Nice motor, you must have purchased around the same time as me. I was very close to going to see this one but saw one up in Scotland first which i went for. Looks like a really good motor, looked after and the guy selling seemed to know his stuff.

I see your at the North Wales meet so I will have to come and have a good nosey at the car to see if I made the right decision!
Hi Adam, please do come and say hi, you're more than welcome to have a good look at it :) Any photos of the car you ended up going for?
E85 3.0i

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie with an E85 3.0i

Post by patriot66 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi Peter.
Your car looks great ! :thumbsup: I'm toying with the idea of getting the same front spoiler so I will have a close look at yours when you come over for the N.Wales Run in April :D
See you then, Si
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !