Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Z4

First port of call for new members
JB1991

New Z4

Post by JB1991 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:16 pm

611C is the torque sensor unfortunately. I would have tried a quick calibration of the steering angle sensor in INPA first but unlikely to fix a 611C problem I suspect.[/quote]

Thanks for the response.

Sorry to pick your brains further, but I have found a second hand steering column, but it is from an automatic. The breaker has suggested that this may cause an issue, however, do you know if this will cause any issues? I’ll obviously be making sure the part numbers match up etc. anyway before buying.

Thanks

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

New Z4

Post by ph001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Can't see the auto making any difference. One thing you should be aware of though is that any rack from a breakers should have a locking pin fitted (see item 7). I guess just a piece of wire will do but the problem otherwise is that the column can be spun freely which winds up the torque sensor and.. you guessed it... breaks the wire! It might not even be apparent when you fit the rack - the problem will come as you approach full steering lock. I would ask to see a picture of the rack first...no clip...no sale.
EPS diagram.png
EPS diagram.png (462.09 KiB) Viewed 253 times
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.