Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello Hello

First port of call for new members
Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:03 am

Hi guys, just bought my very first Z4, ( had 4 e46 M3's over the years and due a change) late 2007 3.0si roadster , silver, black leather , loads of extras that where not mentioned in the advert, cruise, heated electric seats with memory , no nav but a parrot after market bluetooth, that streams as well as handsfree.

She is in really good nick, but the front bumper wants a respray , the wheels are the 108's but need a refurb, but i think ill treat her to some 19's

I googled a few questions i had before purchase and this forum always came up , ill donate a few quid as its already been a big help :thumbsup:

She's due a service, hasnt been done for 2 years and 20k, so ill do all the fluids, plugs and filters so she has a fresh start with me

I think i have a few of the common issues, a rocker cover oil leak and the central locking is nutts.

The remote's wont open close the doors or boot
The keys will open and close the doors , petrol flap via the drivers door lock
The central lock button WILL lock the doors and the petrol flap

So from what i have read so far , this sounds like ITS NOT the GM5 unit and it could be dead batteries in the keys, the previous owner must have thought so as one of the keys came apart to easy and ther was super glue trying to hold it to geather

Is there a accurate way to tell if its the batteries in the keys or the GM unit, i do have the ODB2 reader and software from BM autoteck, came in real handy for my m3's but they where all e46's and only went as far as 2006?

Thanks in advance

D

jabber
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by jabber » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Try putting the keys on a tooth brush charger overnight then resync them ( the process is on the forum somewhere) and see if that helps it worked for me
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by Marlon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're up and running with lots of questions - you are in the right place for informative answers. Nice gesture donating as a newbie :thumbsup:
Post up some pics of your new Zed when you get a chance
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Thanks Jabber , ill try the tooth brush trick, ive seen it on youtube,

cant hurt can it????

Ive metered one of the batteries and it was down a bit , but still at 2.95v suppose to be 3......

Previous owners have had the drivers door trim off and ripped through the sound deadening and binned it , bust a few clips, bust an arm of the tweeter grill, looks like a a trip to the stealers, poor girl hasnt been look after :-(

Do we have any good breakers,, there is a guy on ebay near Blackburn, clayon le moors, not far from me, anyone used him

Will get some pics up soon Marlon , i do like the red :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GBZ4

Hello Hello

Post by GBZ4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:04 pm

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

Crazy Harry

Hello Hello

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi and welcome - 3.0 roadster just what I went for :thumbsup:

Has anyone mentioned some photos so we can see what you got :wink:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Hello Hello

Post by buzyg » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Welcome aboard. A little bit of TLC and you'll have yourself a keeper. :thumbsup:

oh and :worthless:

Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, i promise ill get some pics up soon, currently trying to find parts !

Like i have the hoop mountings and boot mountings for the wind break, but no wind break????

Ive got mesh inside the hoops , so im assuming its a mesh one ???

Also no user manual, how do i set the clock? Non nav, business cd that decides when it wants to read a disc or not, all good fun and expense getting her mint again :rofl:

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by RustyZ4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi & Welcome :thumbsup:

didn't know the toothbrush charger trick myself, anywhere else I would think that was a wind up :D
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

sad_old_man

Hello Hello

Post by sad_old_man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Dazzler wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:03 amHi guys, just bought my very first Z4, ( had 4 e46 M3's over the years and due a change) late 2007 3.0si roadster , silver, black leather , loads of extras that where not mentioned in the advert, cruise, heated electric seats with memory , no nav but a parrot after market bluetooth, that streams as well as handsfree.

She is in really good nick, but the front bumper wants a respray , the wheels are the 108's but need a refurb, but i think ill treat her to some 19's

I googled a few questions i had before purchase and this forum always came up , ill donate a few quid as its already been a big help :thumbsup:

She's due a service, hasnt been done for 2 years and 20k, so ill do all the fluids, plugs and filters so she has a fresh start with me

I think i have a few of the common issues, a rocker cover oil leak and the central locking is nutts.

The remote's wont open close the doors or boot
The keys will open and close the doors , petrol flap via the drivers door lock
The central lock button WILL lock the doors and the petrol flap

So from what i have read so far , this sounds like ITS NOT the GM5 unit and it could be dead batteries in the keys, the previous owner must have thought so as one of the keys came apart to easy and ther was super glue trying to hold it to geather

Is there a accurate way to tell if its the batteries in the keys or the GM unit, i do have the ODB2 reader and software from BM autoteck, came in real handy for my m3's but they where all e46's and only went as far as 2006?

Thanks in advance

D
Hi from Blackpool and dare I mention PICS? We thrive on pics of Zeds so please, please, show it to us!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Hello Hello

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Welcome to the madhouse! :thumbsup:

It sounds like you have plenty planned for your Z4 to bring it back to how it should be, and how you want it. If you spend too much time on here you'll probably end up adding to your list! :)

If you can't revive your keys, forum member "ducklakeview" cuts and codes keys - I go a Bentley-style flip one from him for my Z4 last year for £80, and he's in your part of the world (St Helens IIRC).

I change the clock twice a year but still can't remember how without looking at the book! :roll:

I'm pretty sure this is the website I was directed to for a download of the handbook:- https://www.bmwsections.com/docs/z4/

Looking forward to the photos! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Hello Hello

Post by mr wilks » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 pm

Welcome Dazzler , the breaker guy in Clayton le Moors is now in Accrington , he does have a good amount of Z4 parts . Whereabouts Lancs are you ? There are a good number of locals who get out for drives , brews & a natter throughout the year :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by metal licker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi and welcome aboard :thumbsup:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

oldgit

Hello Hello

Post by oldgit » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Welcome from another member in Lancashire.

I e-mailed the chap in Clayton (next to the Baltistan) asking if he had a particular part, and I quoted the part number. He could not be bothered to reply so I won't be contacting him again.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Hello Hello

Post by mr wilks » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 pm

oldgit wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:17 pmWelcome from another member in Lancashire.

I e-mailed the chap in Clayton (next to the Baltistan) asking if he had a particular part, and I quoted the part number. He could not be bothered to reply so I won't be contacting him again.
It ain't that kind of place , either telephone or better still in person is the best way
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo