Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello Hello

First port of call for new members
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by RickRob » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Dazzler wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:34 pmThanks for the warm welcome guys, i promise ill get some pics up soon, currently trying to find parts !

Like i have the hoop mountings and boot mountings for the wind break, but no wind break????

Ive got mesh inside the hoops , so im assuming its a mesh one ???

Also no user manual, how do i set the clock? Non nav, business cd that decides when it wants to read a disc or not, all good fun and expense getting her mint again :rofl:
Hi and welcome.

Unless you're awaiting parts for your camera we need pics now. That way you can post further pics in the future to show us what you've done to her!

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by RickRob » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Dazzler wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:34 pmThanks for the warm welcome guys, i promise ill get some pics up soon, currently trying to find parts !

Like i have the hoop mountings and boot mountings for the wind break, but no wind break????

Ive got mesh inside the hoops , so im assuming its a mesh one ???

Also no user manual, how do i set the clock? Non nav, business cd that decides when it wants to read a disc or not, all good fun and expense getting her mint again :rofl:
Hi and welcome.

Unless you're awaiting parts for your camera we need pics now. That way you can post further pics in the future to show us what you've done to her!

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Guys, Mr Wilks and Old Git, ive emailed and rang, both numbers, for this breaker, TOPBMW from Ebay, cant get an answer, i get that a Wing mirror tweeter grill and the door sound deadening are not much of a big sale , but i did offer to get the parts out myself so easy money....

Im sure he is double busy as we all are

So steeler it is then

Im south of the Ribble , Farrington Moss , New longton way

Deffo up for a meet up and look see at your guys fine examples, mines not coming out in public till her wheels are swapped for somthing bigger and shiny !!!!

Oh also i tried my key sat on the electric tooth brush charger and no different , so ill try key 2 tonight, ive ordered a spare battery anyhow, i just do hope its not a set of keys and the GM5 unit to sort!!!!!

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Couple of niggling little faults there, but nothing unusual or untoward lol..

jamie_z4 is overdue for arranging another drive out - NO PADDLING this time though!

Mike

Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks Mike, heading up tuesday to get me some parts :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by jamie_z4 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Dazzler wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pmHi Guys, Mr Wilks and Old Git, ive emailed and rang, both numbers, for this breaker, TOPBMW from Ebay, cant get an answer, i get that a Wing mirror tweeter grill and the door sound deadening are not much of a big sale , but i did offer to get the parts out myself so easy money....

Im sure he is double busy as we all are

So steeler it is then

Im south of the Ribble , Farrington Moss , New longton way

Deffo up for a meet up and look see at your guys fine examples, mines not coming out in public till her wheels are swapped for somthing bigger and shiny !!!!

Oh also i tried my key sat on the electric tooth brush charger and no different , so ill try key 2 tonight, ive ordered a spare battery anyhow, i just do hope its not a set of keys and the GM5 unit to sort!!!!!

Wow round the corner from me I'm in Leyland :)
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Sounds like it , ill keep my eye out for yours Jamie, also if you see a Toyota Celica GT4 Carlos Sainz gizz a wave thats meeeeeeeeeeeee

Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Big thanks to Jabba, i have one key up and running after leaving on the tooth brush charger all night, this key was already split so i assumed this was the one needing a bettery, the second ket hasnt woke up yet, so ive split this one and got just the electronics sat on the charger, see if that helps, if not ill swap the battery , ive ordered a blank of ebay for the first key, ill swap the bits over, but does anyone know where i can get the blank cut locally? Preston way ?

Thanks all,

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Dazzler wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pmSounds like it , ill keep my eye out for yours Jamie, also if you see a Toyota Celica GT4 Carlos Sainz gizz a wave thats meeeeeeeeeeeee
I've defo seen that before - actually really close to my house :)

Ducklakeview can provide you with a full new key , cut and program it - he's based in st Helens, I go quite regularly your welcome to follow me up some time and he can program any features you want on your car like alarm chirp etc.
18 Z4s owned to date.

bz4kev

Hello Hello

Post by bz4kev » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:03 pm

hi op still waiting on pics :rofl: :worthless: :worthless:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

Dazzler

Hello Hello

Post by Dazzler » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Easy tiger , i promise ill get some pics up, when its not peeing down or snowing,

Update on the second key, wasn't charging so i split the key and one of the battery terminals was bust , so quick solder and reprogram and boom sorted, although im not so convinced in the longevity so Mike ill be in touch.

Next job the cd player wants a lookie at

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Hello Hello

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Dazzler wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 pmEasy tiger , i promise ill get some pics up, when its not peeing down or snowing,

Update on the second key, wasn't charging so i split the key and one of the battery terminals was bust , so quick solder and reprogram and boom sorted, although im not so convinced in the longevity so Mike ill be in touch.

Next job the cd player wants a lookie at
What's up with cd player fella
18 Z4s owned to date.

earthdweller

Hello Hello

Post by earthdweller » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Welcome from another Lancashire owner

I’m from near Blackburn as well

We have quite a few runs out through the year taking advantage of some of the ace roads round these parts
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

earthdweller

Hello Hello

Post by earthdweller » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:32 pmWelcome to the forum!

Couple of niggling little faults there, but nothing unusual or untoward lol..

jamie_z4 is overdue for arranging another drive out - NO PADDLING this time though!

Who mentioned the swimming Zeds :rofl: :driving:
Mike
Attachments
77DD89C4-CB77-4160-B849-D1E3B0B80DD2.png
77DD89C4-CB77-4160-B849-D1E3B0B80DD2.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 586 times
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP