Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Baby steps

First port of call for new members
Joee

Baby steps

Post by Joee » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:43 pm

So Wednesday 31 jan is the day, 3 days until I collect my alpine white 2014 28i. If s a little younger than I anticipated and with only 30,000 miles it’s not quite what I had in mind for a mid life crisis occasional use car. But hey ho, I’m hooked.

And as for this bloody forum - thanks guys! The wheels are being painted black before pickup and i have on order a stubby Ariel. Next up is the smart top module and then painting the LCI side indications white. Maybe even paint or wrap the hoops black as well. Which then means I have to consider the black wrapped roof, dear lord does this ever stop ?

My only concern is that my family drive is a 135i. But I could not justify the insurance for something that I may only occasionally drive. Equally the fuel consumption of the 135 is horrendous.

History is Range Rover vogue 4.4 Deisel, a couple of Range Rover sports, a bmw 330, bmw 530 and a Fiat 127 sport - orange strip no acceleration.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Baby steps

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Good to hear you are getting into the spirit of things on here! :lol:

My sensible daily drive is a 325ti Compact, but it seems to be about as economical as my Z4 Coupe - then again I don't really worry about that, it's more important I like what I drive!

Strange what you say about the Fiat 127 Sport though - back in 1978 my Mum had a Fiat 128 Estate and was looking to replace it with her first (and as things turned out her only) brand new car. I went with her to test a 127 Sport and back then it felt like an over-powered roller-skate - as did the Fiat 128 3P she also tried! But she ended up buying a Fiesta 1.1S with all of 53 bhp that cost more than either of the Fiats. :headbang:

Anyway, roll on Wednesday - and don't forget the photos! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Baby steps

Post by Marlon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Good luck sleeping the next few nights, sounds like you have lots planned for it - pics as soon as :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Baby steps

Post by buzyg » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Just three more sleeps. :wink: :thumbsup: