Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

my first z4 coupe

First port of call for new members
basil the dog

my first z4 coupe

Post by basil the dog » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:24 pm

I've purchased my coupe today and have been driving all over the place ,love it ! i nearly wet myself with excitement then i remembered it had a sport button !even more fun, i can see what all the fuss is about now as i've always had big engine cars but more grand tourers than sports, it was only after stumbling across this forum that i decided to start looking, so it's thanks to all on here that i've gone and bought myself one, needs a few small bits doing but i'm used to that and thats all part of it for me, and as i can see there is plenty of info on here from other members.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

my first z4 coupe

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Love the thread heading :) suggests further Z4s along the way :D
Welcome to the forum , fling a few pics up of the machine :driving: :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

my first z4 coupe

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum and also to exclusive Coupe ownership. :)

I still remember the first time I drove one - that's when I knew I just had to buy one!

But don't be shy - post some photos (we like photos on here). :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

basil the dog

my first z4 coupe

Post by basil the dog » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:47 pm

I plan to get some pictures up ,a sort of before and after but i'm no wizard on the computer, it was actually Mr Wilks who beat me to the coupe that he bought on sunday ,i was a few hours behind him with my offer to have it. Anyway allready purchased some 108 wheels in need of refurb off bandit bay, plan to send them off to FAW for an exchange so will be selling the MV2 that it is on at the moment,
as mr Wilks suggests, the plan is for more z4 in my life ,maybe work my way up to a Z4M

basil the dog

my first z4 coupe

Post by basil the dog » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:53 pm

forgot to mention that it has a whippy, and its staying :P

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

my first z4 coupe

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:03 pm

That mr wilks is just greedy - Z4 number 11 indeed. :lol:

Still it sounds like you have good plans in place. :thumbsup:

I hope you know what you might be about to start on the aerial front!

Still as a bit of support my current one has a whippy that replaced a stubby, because I like the radio to work! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mikko1998

my first z4 coupe

Post by Mikko1998 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:49 pm

I purchased my first Z4 back in October 2017, it's a 2007 3.0i convertible (Black with Red interior). I love this little car it's extremely responsive whether I'm in sport mode or auto. So that I could make sure I'm driving it correctly I went to Speed Vegas in Las Vegas, NV to learn how to drive sports cars the proper way safely. Since then I clocked some remarkable speeds and the handling of my little Z is amazing. I ran into a problem on Friday, I went out to get into my sporty Z and it would not start; it's completely dead no lights, radio or anything. I believe it's an electrical problem like blown fuses and I think it is the 40A fuses in F54 and F58 am I right? If so what color are these fuses and are they blade fuses. If anyone knows how to solve my dilemma please let me know. Thanks in advance. How do I post pictures? :driving:
Last edited by Mikko1998 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

my first z4 coupe

Post by buzyg » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Welcome to the forum Basil good choice of Ae. :thumbsup:
Last edited by buzyg on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

my first z4 coupe

Post by buzyg » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 pm

Mikko1998 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:49 pmI purchased my first Z4 back in October 2017, it's a 2007 3.0i convertible (Black with Red interior). I love this little car it's extremely responsive whether I'm in sport mode or auto. So that I could make sure I'm driving it correctly I went to Speed Vegas in Las Vegas, NV to learn how to drive sports cars the proper way safely. Since then I clocked some remarkable speeds and the handling of my little Z is amazing. I ran into a problem on Friday, I went out to get into my sporty Z and it would not start; it's completely dead no lights, radio or anything. I believe it's an electrical problem like blown fuses and I think it is the 40A fuses in F54 and F58 am I right? If so what color are these fuses and are the blade fuses. If anyone knows how to solve my dilemma please let me know. Thanks in advance. How do I post pictures? :driving:
Mikko . May I recommend you copy this across to your own newbie thread. Us lot are easily confused. Welcome any hows. :)

basil the dog

my first z4 coupe

Post by basil the dog » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Any suggestions welcome,
I'm getting my list together of things to do first off on the coupe as its done over 100k and probably wise to do them as no record of them ever been done, (it's only a small list) but i would welcome any other items that any of the wise oracles on here could suggest :thumbsup: so my list so far is: diff oil, gearbox oil, CDV and polish the whippy :D
thanks in advance

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

my first z4 coupe

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:12 pm

basil the dog wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 pmAny suggestions welcome,
I'm getting my list together of things to do first off on the coupe as its done over 100k and probably wise to do them as no record of them ever been done, (it's only a small list) but i would welcome any other items that any of the wise oracles on here could suggest :thumbsup: so my list so far is: diff oil, gearbox oil, CDV and polish the whippy :D
thanks in advance
My 120k 3.0Si coupe is heading for a Ins2+++ :P not fussed on the CDV , gear change
& clutch feels super slick & air filter is a K&N so perhaps just a visual for that but everything else will be getting changed just as a good measure going forward for myself & new owner when i feel the urge to go for Z no12 :P
wiper blades
oil+filter
plugs
cabin filter
coolant
brake fluid
gearbox oil
diff oil
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters