Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Going to buy my first Z4

First port of call for new members
Barranak

Going to buy my first Z4

Post by Barranak » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Considering she has been driving a Citroen C zero for the last 2 years. It’s certainly a step up :D

Barranak

Going to buy my first Z4

Post by Barranak » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Well i am now a proud owner of a 2003 2.2 SE Z4.

It is truly a fantastic car to drive....
A couple of things I need... so advise greatly received if any one has some experience....

Standard spec car with a Buisness CD head unit could really do with bluetooth or Aux in for an iphone 7

Because it is standard spec it has no cup holder should i buy a OEM one, or is there better options?

The wing mirror position adjustement on the drivers door is playing up all works except the up direction for both mirrors, though if I persist then it does move every now and then...

There is some scuffing and scratching to the internal door release handles are they easy to replace?

The car was kept in a garage before and the drivers door opened on to the wall quite regular so I have a white edge to the drivers door, any recommendations on repair strategy?

Look forward to any help

Andy

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Going to buy my first Z4

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi Andy, any issues with the car like the mirrors not working properly-take it back to the dealer ASAP & give them a chance to fix it :thumbsup:
Should be guides on here for wiring in an aux plug, standard cupholders are convenient but easily broken, an alternative can be bought from machine monkey on here :P
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold