Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New member from the highlands

First port of call for new members
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 pm

That last pic looks like the car park in Fort Augustus.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:05 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 pm
jamesditchy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:13 pm
AlfaScozzesi wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 pm

I am in Fort William but am regularly up in Inverness as my parents live on the Black Isle.

Loads of runs out in Scotland as well. Hope to see you out at a meet or if you are going for a run give me a shout (when the weather is a bit better :) )

The Loch Ness road was okay this morning but over the hill was a bit patchy early on.
I'm heading up your way in May en route to the NC500. We are going to drive up from the north west up through fort William and staying on the north shore of Loch Ness at the clansman hotel before tackling the route. Any tips for stops etc greatly received.
On the way up you could do the Kinloch "ring" which is good and then on your way to the Clansman turn off at Invergarry as if to Kyle and when you get to the T junction turn right and back into the Loch Ness Road and your hotel.

From there it really is the NC500 route but if your not bothered from starting at the castle then at Drum over the hill and through Beauly etc to the Ullapool road is better.

Hope you have a good run. Have done sections but never in a single trip. One of the problems of living here is that you never make the time!
That sounds good but as it's probably the only time we will do the route I would like to do it from the start point to the finish. One to tick off the bucket list. I know what you mean about things on your doorstep tho. People travel from all over the world to see the Beatles museum. I've lived my whole life in Liverpool and have never been haha

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Welcome to the forum,and hope to see you at one or two of the Scottish meets next year :thumbsup: :driving:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Woody55

Post by Woody55 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Woody55 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm
AlfaScozzesi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:14 pmHighlands
In the Inverness area.
I am in Fort William but am regularly up in Inverness as my parents live on the Black Isle.

Loads of runs out in Scotland as well. Hope to see you out at a meet or if you are going for a run give me a shout (when the weather is a bit better :) )

The Loch Ness road was okay this morning but over the hill was a bit patchy early on.
I've been up here a few years now and can honestly say it had thethe best selection scenery and driving roads I've experienced in the uk. I'm sure there must be better areas but it's hard to beat!!

Look forward to coming to a meet sometime in the new year. If the weather improves I'd Deffo be up for a run sometime. I've been over to the Black Isle a few times in my old car as I'm near beauly. Favourite place I've been there is the ice cream shop and channory point hunting out those elusive Dolphins. Still need to make time to visit that brewery though 👍

Woody55

Post by Woody55 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:07 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 pm Welcome to the forum,and hope to see you at one or two of the Scottish meets next year :thumbsup: :driving:
Look forward to it mate.
Nictrix wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 pm That last pic looks like the car park in Fort Augustus.
That Pictures in the carpark of the dealership I bought it at. Couldn't possibly be the fort Augustus carpark never get in that place 😂

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Woody55 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:05 pm
Woody55 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm
In the Inverness area.

I've been up here a few years now and can honestly say it had thethe best selection scenery and driving roads I've experienced in the uk. I'm sure there must be better areas but it's hard to beat!!

Look forward to coming to a meet sometime in the new year. If the weather improves I'd Deffo be up for a run sometime. I've been over to the Black Isle a few times in my old car as I'm near beauly. Favourite place I've been there is the ice cream shop and channory point hunting out those elusive Dolphins. Still need to make time to visit that brewery though 👍
Had to reply since you mentioned the brewery. I trust you mean the Cromarty brewery rather than the Black Isle brewery. Was over Saturday afternoon for some Christmas supplies. A case of "rogue wave" and another of assorted. They won best beer for "man overboard" but at 8.8% it's a bit much for a session beer although it's going down very nicely at the moment :D

My favourite beers at the moment.