Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie looking at the E89

First port of call for new members
Smash

Post by Smash » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:14 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:02 pm
Smash wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:32 pm Yeah the red one is looking nicer by the minute, it is an m sport after all.... might phone to ask for the number plate.
I thought the red one looked stunning, especially with the Ivory interior and M-Sport seats. Plus it's a 23i and I think you were looking for a 6 cylinder engine.

I love Valencia Orange, but I think it was only offered on facelifts so as I understand it the only 6 pots are the 35i or 35is sadly.

I'm glad your search is back on so good luck finding the right one. :thumbsup:
Thank Mr Tidy, feel well enough to resume my search hope it stays this way... never really liked red in the z4 but saw one in the flesh at Silverstone the other day and it stood out well, especially if the rims were tinted dark grey.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:16 pm

Smash wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:12 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:59 pm Cant see heated seats in the red one, did you look at the blue one I linked the other day
Yes the blue one had all the toys, reminds me of spider man with that colour combo, blue with red seats Great price, it’s been up for sale for a while as well, wonder why it hasn’t gone.
Could be the colour combo, if that does not suit maybe a swap with a black set out of a white car could be done
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:03 am

Ole gits rule wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:59 pm Cant see heated seats in the red one, did you look at the blue one I linked the other day
No, no heated seats, which would be a mist for me up here 🥶

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Smash

Post by Smash » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Called about the red z4 M sport, seems ok number plate is YG61CCO. Asked for the vin number but he didn’t have it to hand. Asked for the service intervals and he said it is complete but didn’t indicate when as I asked I would eventually like to use the BMW Warranty and he replied oh I don’t think they’ll accept this car.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 pm

Smash wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:17 pm Called about the red z4 M sport, seems ok number plate is YG61CCO. Asked for the vin number but he didn’t have it to hand. Asked for the service intervals and he said it is complete but didn’t indicate when as I asked I would eventually like to use the BMW Warranty and he replied oh I don’t think they’ll accept this car.
    Is he going to look out the paperwork/service stuff and VIN for you?

He possibly thinks it’s too old for BMW, otherwise I’d be asking him straight out why HE thinks they won’t accept it

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Smash

Post by Smash » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:45 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 pm
      Smash wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:17 pm Called about the red z4 M sport, seems ok number plate is YG61CCO. Asked for the vin number but he didn’t have it to hand. Asked for the service intervals and he said it is complete but didn’t indicate when as I asked I would eventually like to use the BMW Warranty and he replied oh I don’t think they’ll accept this car.
      Is he going to look out the paperwork/service stuff and VIN for you?

He possibly thinks it’s too old for BMW, otherwise I’d be asking him straight out why HE thinks they won’t accept it
      Nope, he seemed to be on the move though and said please come and visit you can check everything yourself, I said I’m miles away but he said call me back when I’m at my desk, but I was a tad busy myself.

He said they probably won’t accept it due to BMW are hugely fussy with cars that have not been serviced in house.

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:03 am
      No, no heated seats, which would be a mist for me up here 🥶
      Its a must for me as I will put the roof down on chilly days - its one of the features that I not only need but must have :thumbsup:
      2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Smash

Post by Smash » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:48 pm

On another note this car is round the corner from me which is extremely rare but I feel it is overpriced, what do you guys think?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304082399915 ... SwHihg~xJ3

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:20 pm

I did spot that one but never linked it as it was over budget, now I have a looked, its an SE and at that's mileage its at £1k over priced IMHO but the market is strong.

If that's £12k mine is £13k as it is a better spec'd car, however mine is £11k max being very sensible so you can judge for yourself where that should be - I would rather travel and get an Msport for that money

Smash

Post by Smash » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:41 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:20 pm I did spot that one but never linked it as it was over budget, now I have a looked, its an SE and at that's mileage its at £1k over priced IMHO but the market is strong.

If that's £12k mine is £13k as it is a better spec'd car, however mine is £11k max being very sensible so you can judge for yourself where that should be - I would rather travel and get an Msport for that money
      Agree I think 10k would be about right and I would buy it at that price.

I just tried we buy any car for a bit of fun on these cars.... the black one came in at £6700 and the red m sport £9600 obviously it’s estimated but it gives me a rough idea of pricing.

mr.tourette
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Nice car that with a decent spec, it's definitely top end but the design interior really makes the cabin a fantastic place, a really nice combo, personally I think it's a 10k car but the market is so buoyant who knows what someone might pay for it. If its a keeper than it might be worth going to 11 but even that's really strong money for a 74k 2009 model. Wouldn't worry about se spec as its a nicer drive and it's got the toys.
      if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:54 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 pm Nice car that with a decent spec, it's definitely top end but the design interior really makes the cabin a fantastic place, a really nice combo, personally I think it's a 10k car but the market is so buoyant who knows what someone might pay for it. If its a keeper than it might be worth going to 11 but even that's really strong money for a 74k 2009 model. Wouldn't worry about se spec as its a nicer drive and it's got the toys.
      Nothing wrong with SE at all, that I agree with just that one is somewhat pricey and £11k at an absolute push, again it smacks of someone seeing a buoyant market and seeing what they can get and someone who knows no better may buy it.

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:55 pm

Smash wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:41 pm
      Ole gits rule wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:20 pm I did spot that one but never linked it as it was over budget, now I have a looked, its an SE and at that's mileage its at £1k over priced IMHO but the market is strong.

I just tried we buy any car for a bit of fun on these cars.... the black one came in at £6700 and the red m sport £9600 obviously it’s estimated but it gives me a rough idea of pricing.
      WBAC offered my £10.5K for mine so no idea why they are so low on the ones you have added in :?

Smash

Post by Smash » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:01 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:55 pm
      Smash wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:41 pm

WBAC offered my £10.5K for mine so no idea why they are so low on the ones you have added in :?
      But yours is Highline... got to be worth more which it will be. Just tried my Volvo they offered £4200 in June now it’s £2800.. maybe they are preparing for winter markets.

Ming

Post by Ming » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:08 pm

WBAC seem to be offering strong money at the moment. Over the course of a month or so mine went from £11k to over £12250.
      Wizzle also priced it at £12200 and that was after I'd declared the scuffing on the wheels.
      I'd take £12500 for mine if someone on the forum wants it as I'd like it to stay within the Z4 community. The forum has been useful to me so I'd like to give someone a chance to get a well specced car that's been looked after for a decent price. It'll go on Autotrader for more, to cover advertising costs etc
      I do like to go topless......
      ....... in my remapped 20i in Valencia Orange with Black Roof :driving: