Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Monthly Photo Competition

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
icarus

Monthly Photo Competition

Post by icarus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:34 am

This month's entries are exceptional (I'm not talking about mine). Would it be possible to see them all together slightly reduced in size before we vote?

Voting would be so much more of a pleasure if we could see them all.
Last edited by icarus on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 am

Do you mean different to last months? I don't really have the time to resize all of them, but I can copy them into a singe thread like last time, which does help a little... what do you think?

This is the thread I used for last month:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=596
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

icarus

Post by icarus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 am

Laying them out like last time will be fine, time is always limited.

Last month's entries were excellent too, its just that it is difficult to add that little something extra to be different. Its great that the members take their photography seriously as well as their cars. I enjoy this competition and I appreciate all that is posted.

I hope I haven't offended anyone or put anyone off entering.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:57 am

icarus wrote:Laying them out like last time will be fine, time is always limited.

Last month's entries were excellent too, its just that it is difficult to add that little something extra to be different. Its great that the members take their photography seriously as well as their cars. I enjoy this competition and I appreciate all that is posted.

I hope I haven't offended anyone or put anyone off entering.
Not at all, if I had more time I would do a nice layout too... any comments are always welcome! :D

I would like to expand this a little at some point, and record more info about the photos for those of us with a particular interest in photography.... I have lots in mind but, like I said, time is limited!

...and yes, you are spot on, this months entries (like last months) are excellent!
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

icarus

Post by icarus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:37 pm

I've been to enough photographic galleries and seen enough exhibitions to realise that there is something special about the photographs posted here and they would look great in a exhibition or perhaps a book?

Its possible that many members who post in the competitions would not want to see their photographs in another context. Which is fair enough.

icarus

Post by icarus » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:30 am

What if there were two rounds of voting? The second round a play off between the best three?

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:42 pm

icarus I think the poll option - you can only vote for one so it wouldn't work, nice idea though.