Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

When does "profiteering" overlap with asking market price?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: When does "profiteering" overlap with asking market price?

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Personally I think it all works pretty well.
Given we have over 8,000 topics and 71,000 posts there are only a handful of incidents worthy of note.
Thankfully as a mod it is largely self policing and so long as folks remember it's not Ebay, but a service offered to members so folks will comment on price (be that high or low) and generally advise each other and equally folks need to be aware nothing on the internet is perfectly safe. Forum membership is no guarantee of of who's behind the keyboard.

I only take a serious interest when I spot dubious posts where language leads to confusion such as selling a home repaired car as professionally done, 'forgetting' a car is a Cat D, not declaring items have been changed, etc.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:40 pm

I think things work pretty well, if something is badly overpriced people will chip-in with 'advice' for the seller which is right as it's a forum not a small ad' site and the mods do a good job of intervening when someone's being shady :thumbsup:

But I don't really see much upside in allowing people to join to sell TBH, if you want a car for example you are going to look at ebay, PH AT etc, the real USP the forum offers is the chance to check members posts and history which isn't possible with join-to-sellers.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

nb67

Post by nb67 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Naivety is what makes people pay what they think is a 'good' price but that naivety is made up of the 'seller' exploiting, sometimes without knowingly doing so, the current market value of goods.

Internet searches, positive feedback and paying via Paypal/Credit card over £100 should see you well.

On the flipside, I was offered goods on here at a higher price than the seller had the same goods on Ebay. Not exactly fair game imo but such is life hey?
GONE - 3.0i SE. Sterling Grey. 2005.
Gaptech RCH+, ZHP, Stubby. CDV Delete.