Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Like button

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Like button

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:08 am

Zulu4 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 am
Wyldie85 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:13 am Ooh change and something new... causes a bit of huffing and blustering I’m afraid.
Surely a like or smile for a statement or comment would sometimes be sufficient.
Otherwise you have to quote, comment and it takes up even more space.
I would have "liked" this to agree with it, but I've had to quote and take up space writing this sentence which no-one is interested in :)

I’m not sure if anyone is really interested whether you like a post or not and to be honest I don’t see what it contributes to the forum unless you’re someone who wants to be liked.

Just saying 🤷‍♂️

Zulu4

Like button

Post by Zulu4 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:44 am

:D
Last edited by Zulu4 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

Zulu4

Like button

Post by Zulu4 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:45 am

Sorry to have caused controversy :P
Going to sit on the naughty step for a bit. I will behave from now on.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Like button

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:38 am

Zulu4 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:45 am Sorry to have caused controversy :P
👍
:rofl:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Like button

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:52 am

Zulu4 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:45 am Sorry to have caused controversy :P
Nah, don't fade away.
How about a proper introduction? Doesn't have to be long, plus some photos of your car.

Look at it this way: would you walk into a crowded room full of people you've never met, butt into a conversation, simply say, "I like what you're saying", then walk away?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Stevo1987

Like button

Post by Stevo1987 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Zulu4 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 am
Wyldie85 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:13 am Ooh change and something new... causes a bit of huffing and blustering I’m afraid.
Surely a like or smile for a statement or comment would sometimes be sufficient.
Otherwise you have to quote, comment and it takes up even more space.
I would have "liked" this to agree with it, but I've had to quote and take up space writing this sentence which no-one is interested in :)
2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

Andrew Sheldon

Like button

Post by Andrew Sheldon » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Jembo wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:26 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:00 pm +2.

It's been discussed before and the general consensus seems to be in favour of not having one.
+3 :lol:
How did you come to the general consensus... did you vote on it ? Or was it just a few lifers being stuck in their ways....

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Like button

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:00 am

Andrew Sheldon wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:36 pm
Jembo wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:26 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:00 pm +2.

It's been discussed before and the general consensus seems to be in favour of not having one.
+3 :lol:
How did you come to the general consensus... did you vote on it ? Or was it just a few lifers being stuck in their ways....
No, they asked everyone who wanted it to 'like' the post.
No-one did, so we stayed as we are. :D

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Andrew Sheldon

Like button

Post by Andrew Sheldon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:32 am

Firstly can I say that this is a truly great Z4 forum with amazing members who are always there to give out help where needed or to show off their latest projects and mistakes.. I log into the forum pretty much every day to see the latest news and views and I really enjoy it.
There are times however when I read a really interesting post where someone has put in a lot of effort and I would like to show my simple appreciation but feel a thumbs up or smiley face would simply not be appropriate, and frankly rather naff...
I believe the addition of the 'like' button would not deter people from posting, in fact may inspire them to post more if their article was liked by other members.
The comment 'I’m not sure if anyone is really interested whether you like a post or not and to be honest I don’t see what it contributes to the forum unless you’re someone who wants to be liked.' Surely we all want to be liked. is there something wrong with that...
The 'like' button is just a brief way of showing your appreciation and would only help to inspire members to contribute more to the forum..

Pbondar

Like button

Post by Pbondar » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:02 am

Andrew Sheldon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:32 am Firstly can I say that this is a truly great Z4 forum with amazing members who are always there to give out help where needed or to show off their latest projects and mistakes.. I log into the forum pretty much every day to see the latest news and views and I really enjoy it.
There are times however when I read a really interesting post where someone has put in a lot of effort and I would like to show my simple appreciation but feel a thumbs up or smiley face would simply not be appropriate, and frankly rather naff...
I believe the addition of the 'like' button would not deter people from posting, in fact may inspire them to post more if their article was liked by other members.
The comment 'I’m not sure if anyone is really interested whether you like a post or not and to be honest I don’t see what it contributes to the forum unless you’re someone who wants to be liked.' Surely we all want to be liked. is there something wrong with that...
The 'like' button is just a brief way of showing your appreciation and would only help to inspire members to contribute more to the forum..
Right on, well literated :thumbsup:

Some of the other owner forums do have this feature..

A long thread that is just spaced out with people giving a thumbs up to me is a waste of space..if people want to comment great, if they want to show support / endorsement of a poster’s view what’s the harm?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Like button

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 am

Not sure it should be counted as a post though?
On several occasions I've searched through a particular member's past posts to find something I remember them saying.
Would be a right pain to have to scroll through hundreds of 'likes'.

Pbondar

Like button

Post by Pbondar » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 am Not sure it should be counted as a post though?
On several occasions I've searched through a particular member's past posts to find something I remember them saying.
Doesn’t work that way on other forums...you get a Facebook ( I know) like icon on the bottom of the OP post that has a numeric counter ..so it doesn’t waste screen space..you can click on the icon if you’re interested in who ‘liked it’..simple !

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Like button

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:51 am

Pbondar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am
enuff_zed wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 am Not sure it should be counted as a post though?
Doesn’t work that way on other forums...you get a Facebook ( I know) like icon on the bottom of the OP post that has a numeric counter ..so it doesn’t waste screen space..you can click on the icon if you’re interested in who ‘liked it’..simple !
Good! That'll do.

HU51A_FU

Like button

Post by HU51A_FU » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:38 am

I don't need likes to validate my opinions on certain topics I'm discussing with others, keep the whole insecurities thing to FB and Instagram. :rofl: :roll:

May as well now chuck in a dislike button too if I've offended anyone :poke: :rofl:

gobowept

Like button

Post by gobowept » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:49 pm

HU51A_FU wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:38 am I don't need likes to validate my opinions on certain topics I'm discussing with others, keep the whole insecurities thing to FB and Instagram. :rofl: :roll:

May as well now chuck in a dislike button too if I've offended anyone :poke: :rofl:
Well said!