Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Does this not bother anyone?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Jfgoldfish wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:43 pm
groovy_hippy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:31 pm I won’t have an Alexa in my house that’s for sure!!
My Mrs keeps telling me to be nicer to our Alexa!!
Says 'you will regret it when they take over' !!

Realistically, owning a mobile phone, a computer, using the internet... It all reduces our actual privacy.
Walking out of your front door a talking to a neighbour reduces your privacy. They then tell the next person they chat to any interesting snippets from your conversation and they might even pop a bit in their diary, for future reference. The Interweb is just much much much better at doing the same thing.

Jfgoldfish

Post by Jfgoldfish » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:44 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:03 pm Walking out of your front door a talking to a neighbour reduces your privacy.
I knew there was a good reason why I avoid talking to my neighbours :wink:
2006 Z4 2.0i Ruby Black

scootr

Post by scootr » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:22 pm

A smart phone is bad enough. A saw a video where somebody posted audio of a family evening gathering somehow recorded on their Alexa. Do you all remember that? I think Amazon had to make some changes... My friend just go one. HE has been having fun setting it up. You can program it to reply to key words... His friend Walter came over and my friend asked Alexa IS WALTER HERE? She said.
Yes he is. Watch out for that no good covid spreading sun of a biotch. Get Lysol and spray him down. :rofl:
Now that's a smart house.... :poke:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Blithespirit

Post by Blithespirit » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:13 am

Its a tough world but data is power, its the new oil, it is taken from anything and everything we do, from your shopping cart when you use your membership card to your fuel choices at the filling station. Not too sure why but a lot of people are against it but it makes life much better, ever wondered why your spam is about the things you look for on google, or when you open a browser the lawnmower you were looking at online seems to be in every advert.

Amazon have services you would not believe too. its all to make our lives better of course (not the money for selling the data, no no!). Even theme park rides now look at your faces and recognise if you had a good time on the ride or not and use that data to make the ride better.

Its a tough world to be anonymous.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am

In the case of the AdSense bot, it will be necessary for the site to be able to host Google ads as a source of funding.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone