Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Suggestion - Like/Dislike/Thanks Feature

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Felix79

Post by Felix79 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 pm

As I'm still pretty new on these forums, I feel a tad rude making a suggestion with regards to the forum.

On most forums these days, other users are normally able to leave a "feedback" on each others posts. By this I mean being able to "Like" or leave a "thanks" on anyone's but their own comment/post. It may seem a bit fickle or pointless, but I've found over the years, it just lets the user know others agree with their comment and it stops people making a fresh post in the thread, that can cause things to get a bit cluttered and off topic.

There are normally several different types of "feedback", such as Like , Dislike , Agree, Thankyou, LOL, Angry . I don't know if this board has the option on the admin control panel, but usually it's just a simple plugin to the forums SQL file. Users are able to see how many times they have received each feedback type and how many times they have given others on the board one of these "feedbacks" .

I've not done any admin work for a forum in a very long time, so I don't know how difficult it is to implement. But with it being such a stable feature of forums on many different sites, I assume it's going to be one of the more straightforward features to implement/add.

Cheers,

Felix

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:14 am

All suggestions are welcome Felix regardless of membership status - this is one for the boss.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S