Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Keep getting asked to log in???

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Flycaster

Keep getting asked to log in???

Post by Flycaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:07 pm

I'm browsing the forum at least several times a day. When I log in, I check the box to keep me logged in. However,too many times I am requested to log in even though I logged in recently. This happens even though I don't shut down the computer (XP Home), but just put it into suspension. Having to log in so often is gett ing to be a PITA.
2002 TiSil 325i, Step, SP; 2005 Merlot/Tan Z4, 2.5i, Step

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi there... I have never had that problem, and with so many users I would've heard if there was an isue with the forum. Do you have some software to delete cookies by any chance? Let us know what anti virus/anti spam/anti spyware etc programs you have running and we can see if we can diagnose it :D
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Flycaster

Post by Flycaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:37 pm

sp3ctre wrote:Hi there... I have never had that problem, and with so many users I would've heard if there was an isue with the forum. Do you have some software to delete cookies by any chance? Let us know what anti virus/anti spam/anti spyware etc programs you have running and we can see if we can diagnose it :D
Sp3ctre, you may have hit the nail on the head. I do use Privacy Keeper (free). It does delete cookies and such, but I'm never sure which cookies it does delete. Usually, the only time that I have the noted problem with other forums, is when I have not been on the forums for a while.
2002 TiSil 325i, Step, SP; 2005 Merlot/Tan Z4, 2.5i, Step

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Cool... go into the options and select "keep selected cookie's", and put http://www.z4-forum.com in there (see below):

Give me a shout if that doesn't work.

J
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme