Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Attachments in PMs

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
IAmOrion

Attachments in PMs

Post by IAmOrion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:48 am

Not sure if this has been asked before.... but there's been quite a few times now I've needed to send a picture to someone in a PM - for example, a screenshot of a PayPal transaction, or a specific photo at a certain angle of a part they want or something...

Any reason why attachments are disallowed? Or is it simply that they've never been turned on?

ACP> General> Attachments> Allow attachments in private messages
ACP> Posting> Manage attachment extension groups> Edit images (green cog)> Allowed in private messaging
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

IRD

Attachments in PMs

Post by IRD » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:33 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:48 am Not sure if this has been asked before.... but there's been quite a few times now I've needed to send a picture to someone in a PM - for example, a screenshot of a PayPal transaction, or a specific photo at a certain angle of a part they want or something...

Any reason why attachments are disallowed? Or is it simply that they've never been turned on?

ACP> General> Attachments> Allow attachments in private messages
ACP> Posting> Manage attachment extension groups> Edit images (green cog)> Allowed in private messaging
I would like an answer to your query too. I wanted to attach some photos to a PM yesterday and couldn’t work out if there was a way to do it. In the end I sent an e-mail and did it that way. So thanks for raising this point.

greg81

Attachments in PMs

Post by greg81 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Add me as another *would like*. There's been a few times where I've needed to send an image

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Attachments in PMs

Post by buzyg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:59 pm

You can send an image link using the image quotes.

IAmOrion

Attachments in PMs

Post by IAmOrion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:05 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:59 pm You can send an image link using the image quotes.
I know there's workaround ways of doing it, but to add and send the same way you add pictures to a post would be soooo much easier (And better IMO)
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/