Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Missing threads?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Missing threads?

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 pm

It appears that a few of my threads, including the 45+ page one discussing exhaust mods have been deleted?

Anyone else missing threads?

Mike

EDIT - The threads are still there, but no longer show up in searches. I know the Mods decided that members could have a thread in the marketplace advertising the services they offer, but that these would not show up in "new posts" to stop it getting bogged down with comments/thanks etc, but would still be searchable for members looking for info - However this particular thread (don't know if it applies to others) is no longer turning up in search results either, which sort of defeats the point?

Here is one thread that doesn't show up in searches. but is still there; viewtopic.php?f=13&t=89154

Mike

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Missing threads?

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 pm

You are right it's missing from search results but is still indexed by google.

Probably been blocked by filters for sounding like an indecent proposal :wink:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Silverzedtom

Missing threads?

Post by Silverzedtom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Personally I find the forum search facility pretty useless. There must be a rhyme and reason to it but I always seem to struggle with it.

When I’m looking for something on the forum I use google to help me find it and normally end up finding what I’m looking for.

Just tried the above thread via google and it does work.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Wondermike

Missing threads?

Post by Wondermike » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:05 pm

I think this has already been explained to Mike, but the ‘new posts’ link uses the search facility so it isn’t possible to have that forum included in the search.