Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Forum now uses HTTPS

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum now uses HTTPS

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:39 pm

From today the forum is setup to use HTTPS. There are several benefits to this, not least your login credentials are encrypted (helpful on untrusted networks).

As a side effect of setting this up I have had to change the cookie settings, meaning you may need to re-login. It may also help to remove any bookmarks you had setup (links to new topics etc) and re-create them.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Forum now uses HTTPS

Post by buzyg » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Working fine here No1. Just needed to login again. Thanks and a Happy New Year. :D

dhobbs

Forum now uses HTTPS

Post by dhobbs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Same here, just needed to login.
Thanks to all the site admin, definitely a thankless task at times but necessary too.
:thumbsup:
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Forum now uses HTTPS

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:34 pm

A lot of browsers don't support non HTTPS anymore, I have converted all mine to this now as well including internal traffic due to the the browser support.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum now uses HTTPS

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 pm

pvr wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:34 pmA lot of browsers don't support non HTTPS anymore, I have converted all mine to this now as well including internal traffic due to the the browser support.
Yeah, the forum has supported HTTPS for a while, but now it is being enforced... well, mostly anyway, there are still a few issues with mixed content where people have embedded http content (usually signatures), but shouldn’t cause too much issue
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme